Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Art in Heaven DVD 2008 Re-release, CD+DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Burning Fish Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2008, 12:12

Just found this here. Looks like we can expect a re-release of the Art in Heaven DVD
with a live CD included, stated for release on July 1st.

Sounds good to me! :)

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 17 2008, 18:02

DESCRIPTION

Mike Oldfield is currently riding high in both the national and classical album charts, this new release sees him performing his legendary classics including “Tubular Bells”, “Moonlight Shadow”, Portsmouth”, “Secrets” and “Shadow On The Moon” as well as tracks from “The Millennium Bell” album during this 80 minute extravaganza filmed live in Berlin on the eve of the new Millennium. Under the direction of Gert Hoff more than half a million spectators experienced this superlative show set at the foot of Berlin’s beautiful Victory Column and were witness to the 13 minute special “Art In Heaven” Included on this DVD.

Also included in this two disc set is an exclusive audio CD containing edited, re-sequenced and digitally re-mastered 5.1 Surround Sound versions of all the songs from this amazing performance.
TRACK LISTING

Disc 1
1. Tubular Bells
2. Portsmouth
3. Moonlight Shadow
4. Secrets
5. Shadows On The Wall
6. Sunlight
7. The Doges Palace
8. Mastermind
9. Broad
10. Liberation
11. Amber Light
12. The Millennium Bell
13. Art In Heaven (Special Feature)

Disc 2
1. Tubular Bells
2. Shadows On The Wall
3. Secrets
4. Portsmouth
5. Moonlight Shadow
6. The Millennium Bell
7. Sunlight
8. Broad
9. The Doges Palace
10. Amber Light
11. Mastermind
12. Liberation

DETAILS

Release Date:

30/06/2008

Label:

Warner
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 17 2008, 22:21

Warner should release the audio CD separately also,respecting the old fans who have got the DVD!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 18 2008, 03:03

Quote (Nacho @ June 17 2008, 23:02)
Disc 2
1. Tubular Bells
2. Shadows On The Wall
3. Secrets
4. Portsmouth
5. Moonlight Shadow
6. The Millennium Bell
7. Sunlight
8. Broad
9. The Doges Palace
10. Amber Light
11. Mastermind
12. Liberation

I can't believe it! Here, after all this time, is the opportunity to officially release on CD one of Mike's greatest masterpieces - the wonderful wild quarter of an hour that is the 'Berlin 2000/Art in Heaven' music that closed the Millennium show after midnight - and they've edited it out!!!!! It's on the DVD as a piece of film (the 'special feature', track 13) - but not on the CD as an audio track.

I just can't believe it! Why, for pity's sake? Even if they thought the live version was a bit too rough for repeated listening (it isn't, but they might have thought so), a studio version exists that they could have put on the CD instead and thereby offered something really new and worth having. Instead, we get tired retreads of Shadow on the Wall, Moonlight Shadow, etc.

If you hadn't already guessed, I won't be buying this.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 18 2008, 04:46

I had exactly the same thought as Alan, except the studio version wouldn't do at all. I only listened to it once but it seemed to be the same backing without the guitar, which to me is just about as much use as not having it at all.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 18 2008, 06:35

After deliberating, cogitating, digesting and regurgitating, we've put up an item in news.

I think one of their marketing men is getting his technical data mixed up, though - it's not technically possible for an audio CD to be 5.1. You can put 5.1 audio onto a CD (like a DTS CD, which is basically the same as an audio CD, just with the audio encoded as DTS data instead of linear PCM), but it's no longer an audio CD once you do that (put it in a player without a 5.1 decoder and it'll play as a load of horrible, speaker-frying noise...which Mike would probably claim was the result of a punk conspiracy). It would also be possible to put it on as Dolby Surround (Pro Logic), but that's not 5.1...
Time will tell, I suppose!
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 17 2008, 12:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net