Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Art In Heaven DVD - May 21< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 10 2001, 18:07

The 'Millennium Bell (Live In Berlin)' DVD was released by Warner on May 21 and can be ordered at Amazon.de and pre-ordered at Amazon.co.uk (which announces a release date of June 25). A VHS version will also be available. (Thanks, Matthew Grace)
The DVD is Region 2/3/4/5/6 (no North America), in Dolby Digital and Linear PCM, and contains a 5min interview of Mike in his house and a making-of with subtitles in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Polish. (Thanks, marhi)

Classical Songs:
1. Tubular Bells
2. Portsmouth
3. Moonlight Shadow
4. Secrets
5. Shadows on the Wall

The Millennium Bell:
1. Sunlight
2. The Doges Places
3. Mastermind
4. Broad
5. Liberation
6. Amber Light
7. The Millennium Bell

Art In Heaven

A photo of the cover and a description in German and French is available at wea.ch (Thanks, Vinz)
Scan of a French promo. (Thanks,      nick.nath.barbier@wanadoo.fr). Screnshots of the DVD menu (Source:  Thomas Kinastowski via Amarok)
[updated May 31]
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 11 2001, 00:20

Finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlast !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have something to do this summer smile

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
miltex Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 03:11

This is realy great news, I can't wait smile

/Henrik
Profile PM WEB 
rosko Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 05:13

All I've got to say is:
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 12:41

This is a good new. After more than a year waiting we will have it. I hope the DVD will have all that we wait (interview with Mike, different viewing angles,...)
Profile PM 
Haegar Offline

Posted: April 11 2001, 12:56

Good News are allways welcome :-)
Wouldn´t it be col if Virgin would release some of MO´s Videoclips on DVD?

Homepage
Profile PM WEB 
feverpitch96 Offline

Posted: April 13 2001, 23:39

Certainly a DVD release of the Elements compilation, at least, is well overdue. Come on Virgin! smile
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: April 15 2001, 16:03

Yes! I will hold my DVD-player warm for the event!!

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 15 2001, 21:39

Maybe they will dig out something new to suprise and enthrall us...

...or maybe they'll just sit around and do nothing wink
Profile PM 
albertsflystudio Offline

Posted: April 16 2001, 08:59

Finally!!
I hope it will be great!
Albert
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 17 2001, 19:14

I hope, this DVD will finally be available in USA. It seems, that Warner Music absolutely hates America - TBII/III DVD was realeased everywhere in the world, except USA and Canada. I would pay any money to be able to see Mike's DVD's in USA.
freshhh Offline

Posted: April 18 2001, 06:08

21st of May is my Birthday!!! A great present for me from Mike!!! THANX!!! I'll be waiting for the release!

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
FMO Offline

Posted: April 18 2001, 06:16

That's great! I can't wait ! Finally ! Superb !
Um... i don't actually have a DVD equipment.
Well... anyway, it's great for those who have one ! wink

FMO
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: April 19 2001, 03:13

Not that I'll have a problem with that, since I got a zonefree DVD player (and I live in Norway)... But why Warner? Why? Don't you care for those i the States and Canada?????

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: April 19 2001, 03:57

What is the address of Warner Vision's Site ? I'd like to check this information... The only one I can get is www.warnervision.com.au it's the australian section of Warner Vision, but nowhere they talk about an 'Art In Heaven' future release although they have TB2 and TB3 in their catalogue...

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
TubularUSA Offline

Posted: April 19 2001, 12:55

I find it hard to believe that the release date is that soon. Usually you would find a listing for the DVD at online retailers and/or Warner's catalog as an upcoming release. I can't even find anywhere to make an advance purchase.
Profile PM 
Man_in_the_Rain Offline

Posted: April 19 2001, 18:04

The PAL disk can be pre-ordered from Amazon.de and a handfull of other Region 2 on-line stores. According to Warner Vision Germany the date is tentative and could be changed. By the way, I strongly believe that Warner Vision Germany may be the only Warner Vision division making the Art in Heaven DVD at this time. That is the only division that seems to have any knowledge about Art in Heaven.
When I do e-mail Warner Vision Germany, "Not at this time" is the answer I continue to get about this DVD. They don't say that there will NEVER be a region free PAL & NTSC version, but then again never say that there is one in the works. The person I'm in contact with is of a managerial position in the Germany DVD department. I have asked for them to reconsider the NTSC Region 2 DVD, but I don't know if that will do anything.
"At this time," though, it appears that once again, North America gets screwed from Mike Oldfield DVDs.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: April 21 2001, 20:04

ok... now im pissed!!!! ive got to get this out ppl... motha f**king piece of s**t warner music vision!!!!!!! i dont know why we ever have put up with this crap!?!?!?! i am so sick of being screwed by a large dildo called the "execs at warner bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i think peter evans had the right idea when he finally threw his hands up and said f**k it all!!!!!!!!!!

mike is getting on my last nerve and so are his past record companies!!!!!!!!!! this is continually not fare to us in the states who have just been screwed over and over and over again. you know not all of us have the money to import this stuff and or get a player for these regions just to satisfy some a*s h**e at a record company.

this is why napster has been so successful... and will continue to be whether record execs like it or not... cause everyone somewhere... namely us in the states... are always getting screwed outta the good stuff... one way or another!!!!!!!

take care everyone

christopher
- really f**king pissed off!!!!!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 21 2001, 20:33

Carole from Dark Star has said that, as far as she's aware, a version of the DVD will be available for the US. That is just what she's been told of course.
Maybe they decided not to do it in the end, or maybe the US version will come later. It may simply be that warner germany haven't been talking to the other divisions (which can happen in large companies...).

There may be a reason for them leaving off region 1, I don't know enough about DVD production to say. It may involve buying yet another license for the material, which they feel isn't justified by the sales they predict (though of course, we can say that if they did some better marketing, they would get better sales in the US).
Just a couple thoughts though...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 23 2001, 14:59

Why does the DVD region-specific system exist anyway? The only things it seems to accomplish is to encourage disk and tape piracy into the blocked-out regions, and to give more incentive for code breakers to hack DVD protection systems. Does anyone see a valid reason that benefits the recording and film companies?
29 replies since April 10 2001, 18:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net