[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: April 19 Demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tytus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2002, 07:58

Hallo everyone!
I have played new demo, I haven't had any problems with game and I noticed four things:
- The cat below zebra is breathing. I noticed it once, but unfortunatelly I don't know how I did it.
- Mike wrote "relax, it's impossible to end this game in one hour" - what about saving, Mike?
- What about a map? There is a map on MVR site but it is very high level map. I think a hidden map (ie. like in Doom) would be very useful.
- I think, there is more than 360 degrees (2Pi rad) in one turnaround smile
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: April 23 2002, 11:47

Actually, the cat is purring...quite loudly, too :-))

Personally, I think the MVR would be more fun if you didn't know where to go next. I don't want a map to guide me; I just want to explore it, not try to finish it.

And a full circle is only 360 degrees (2pi radians).

And didn't Mike say saving the game would be possible? I think so, but I'm not sure.
Profile PM 
tytus Offline

Posted: April 24 2002, 03:47

I'm not talking about map, which tell you where to go and how explore world.
In many cases, I wanted to go to a specific place, ie. cactus. Unfortunatelly you don't have any chance to see it if you are far away from it. I agree that a special things, as a moon in the tree shouldn't be presented on the map, but the tree alone could be (to help to find direction).
And the map should present only discovered/seen/touched world.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 01:56

I've found a place after the moon with a big 'Music VR' sign spinning round and round. Is this the mountain lake? I can't find any blue rocks though.

Does anyone know the name of the music that plays when you are knocking the spiked ball things through the arch? I would look for it in the sound files from the demo but they are .snd files and I can't open them. Any suggestions?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 02:10

OK, I just played it, and I'm definatley at the mountain lake now. (That is some seriously stuffed up water!) What do I do now.

I really like all the music in this demo. I wish I could open them. Why are they .snd files?

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 02 2002, 01:48

the old demo was better. even tho theres more stuff to do in this i ca nbarely do them bcuz this is too detailed i get dropped from a good 20fps average to 1 or 2 fps when i look at those frickn trees. they are way too detailed. i was happy with the lower detailed ones. and the textures always screw uo 5 seconds in the game. every time i try to get the moon in that tree i cant do it cuz im movn at 0.5 fps and i cant steady myself to go straight and get the stupid thing.

course it could be my crappy 233 thats doin it lol. but is sitll think its too detailed.

i agree about the music too. there should always be music playin and when u find somethn it should change a bit and flow with whatever song plays when u hit somethn or somethn. the butterfly is 10 times harder to control too...i liked the old demos way better with the butterflies.....i also wish they would have kept the old way of stopping and moving.....i have to hold down the right button to stop now....i liked it better when u just pressed it and you stopped immediantly....oh well.

i hope u can save in the full game.....it will suck if u cant cuz ud always be at the begining and it would get boring unless u really had lots of time to play it.

another thing...has anyone gotten those pink flying lights? what do they do besides fly around and make sounds?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 03 2002, 01:24

I've also found an axe flying around in the area where you start. Lots of strange things in this demo, but I like it!

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2002, 23:13

yes the axe seems to replace the old boomerang. i like it better...only thing is its slows my comp down a bit more....sigh...guess ill just have to save up and upgrade. frown

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 10:55

All right, I played the spikey spheres game, then took the ring from the scorpion, then flew around for a while. When i grew bored, I entered the gateway. After that I found the blue stone with the ring inside, and going near it resulted in a close encounter with the ground. I was stuck, face against dirty desert, for quite a while, but eventually managed to establish a somewhat upright position. But then what? I tried shooting rings at the moon in the tree before I got the stone, but nothing happened. And now, with this stone hanging in front of me, my movement is extremely limited. And the gateway is gone. Just what the heck am I supposed to do? smile
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 19:43

how the **** you get to the moon...this is like sooooo annoying...aaaaargh. and this should be relaxing rolleyes...no way. i'm going mad with this eek...i have to take vacation biggrin

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
the soil man Offline

Posted: May 08 2002, 01:58

SPOILER WARNING!

Easy, just siddle up to the moon in the tree after gaining your first ring and returning from the rose scene, and shoot a ring through it!

Remeber, the demo seems not to be the game itself (it does not follow the map at the MusicVR site), but is (maybe?) just a demo-nstration of the principles of the game. IMHO
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 08 2002, 04:00

ok i'll try that...thanks

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 10 2002, 08:45

doesn't work...i've tryed to shoot the moon from every possible angle...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 10 2002, 23:02

SPOILER WARNING!!

Do you still have the spinning ring in the top right corner? You have to get the ring, go through the gateway, and then shoot the blue moon. I find that it helps if you avoid the cactus after coming through the gateway.

I also get stuck face down after finding the blue stone. Annoying!

--------------
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 11 2002, 17:35

i got to the moon and the place after that. some kind of lake i guess...then it put me to the start. but anyway very cool...getting some progress here... cool

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
53 replies since April 19 2002, 14:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net