Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anywhere to get B tracks ..., ... legally?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 19:07

I am keen to get some of Mike's B-sides from singles as .mp3s, is there anywhere these can be bought and downloaded legally?
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 19:08

North Korea and Cuba

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 19:13

But Seriously...

buy the vinyl single from ebay for 50cents (Au$;) and then get a copy of the MP3 from anyone you know who has it - as long as you own the record you should be ok.  There is nothing illegal about having a copy for your own use if you have the original - is there?  But if you sell it you have to delete the MP3.  And of course you can't sell copys of the MP3, that would be distinctly nasty.

R   :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 20:53

buy vinyl singles is a great idea. Then download illegal  :cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 19:13

This is SUCH a pet peeve with me!  We are all here basically because we are huge fans and students of the man's work.  And yet with all this potential income the companies (particularly Virgin) have staring them in the face, they continually ignore what could ONLY be a win-win situation.

Personally, I have spent an embarrassingly large amount of money on MO (as well as others) over the years.  The only "product" I don't have are items that are either no longer manufactured, or stuff that is not made available where I live for me to purchase.  Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, I am not taking any money out of MO's pocket by pursuing any means possible to "fill in the gaps".  Even if I had the best-sounding mp3's in the world of his rare stuff I WOULD STILL BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT, and I think that opinion is shared by a lot of people here.  So bring on the 2x4's if I'm in the wrong, folks.

Okay, end of rant.  I'm alright now.
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2008, 08:39

Quote (Bassman @ Mar. 10 2008, 19:13)
This is SUCH a pet peeve with me!  We are all here basically because we are huge fans and students of the man's work.  And yet with all this potential income the companies (particularly Virgin) have staring them in the face, they continually ignore what could ONLY be a win-win situation.

Personally, I have spent an embarrassingly large amount of money on MO (as well as others) over the years.  The only "product" I don't have are items that are either no longer manufactured, or stuff that is not made available where I live for me to purchase.  Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, I am not taking any money out of MO's pocket by pursuing any means possible to "fill in the gaps".  Even if I had the best-sounding mp3's in the world of his rare stuff I WOULD STILL BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT, and I think that opinion is shared by a lot of people here.  So bring on the 2x4's if I'm in the wrong, folks.

Okay, end of rant.  I'm alright now.

Yes, agree with you 100%.

I have managed to buy a few here and there, just compiled my first "Rarities" CD:

1 - Afghan
2 - Legend
3 - Concerto in C
4 - The Path
5 - Tricks of the Light (Instrumental)
6 - In the Pool
7 - Cook's Tune
8 - Spheres
9 - Sally / Punkadiddle
10 - Polka (Live)

Runs about 38 minutes, so a bit like an early 80s Mike album.

Bit late at the moment - will listen tomorrow - hope I got the flow sounding OK (thought the last 2 make a good encore).

Next, get my daughter to paint me another cover to go with the one she made for Collaborations (see the Boxed forums to see what that one looks like).
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 01:24

I'd like to hear that. I have some of the above on EP vinyl singles and maybe one or two rarities not listed......still have to dig a little deeper into my records.
    You all need to not be paranoid about downloading mp3's. There is no invisible group of men in black suits with particle accelerator weapons strapped on their backs watching and waiting for somebody to download TB2 live. Chill......I think that's what Tres Lunas is for, right?
Jim :D  :D  :D  :p  :D

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 04:01

Ahhhh yes. The rare stuff...! I remember when the Elements box set was being planned - the rumours of the wonderful track list of rare tracks finally seeing the light of day. And then..... Nothing. Well one track....

We need to get a Tubular.Net person employed at Virgin in a position where he/she can get access to the archives. And then...... well - we can dream!!

Like all of you I'd be willing to part with my hard earned cash just to get to hear these - even if it just us Tubular.Net folks buying it, there must be enough of us to make it viable? Virgin usually do a knee-jerk release when Mike hits the charts (Tubular Bells II = Elements from Virgin, remember?) - maybe now IS THAT TIME!!

Courage to you all... one day we will have it  :D

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
lostrom Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 20:22

I have almost everything, mail me if you want me to send it as mp3's: lostrom1@telia.com
Profile PM 
8 replies since Mar. 09 2008, 19:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net