[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anything new to discover?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 14 2002, 09:14

a_r_schulz:

I know what to do there. Have been there several times. But it didn't work. I flew into the rose pillar and i shot it and the sprites, but nothing happened. Must be some kind of bug that apeared when I played.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2002, 14:51

hi andreas,
i saw the rings in the tree and in the shell were not there, but i didn't look at the crab...
yesterday while flying around the head with the hole floating upside down i had the feeling of being inside one of dali's paintings...  :D funny bug
i'll try to look for that ring...

btw. nice photo of yours, little blue bird...  may i ask u a question? how did u take this screen shot, i don't know how to do it and i'd also like to take a photo of mine inside my ava :)

see u in mvr
maria..firebeing

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2002, 19:24

hi again,
u were right, the stones lead where u said  ;)

and a different rebirth tunnel tonight... with five rings, from the canyon... double long, when i reached the end of the tunnel the airship turned 180º over a dark sky full of stars and made the way back without music  :O

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2002, 06:14

Quote (maria @ Nov. 14 2002, 20:51)
btw. nice photo of yours, little blue bird...  may i ask u a question? how did u take this screen shot, i don't know how to do it and i'd also like to take a photo of mine inside my ava :)

There are several tools that let you take snapshots from 3D applications, most of them payware. A free tool I just found at nonags (but not tested) is GCS (GrabClipSave).
I myself use the built-in snapshot function of the NVidia Detonator 3D-stereo driver, which even makes stereo pairs.

Before you ask - you can get the stereo driver at NVidia; note that
- you have to install both the display driver and the stereo driver with the same version (currently 30.87)
- it will only work on Geforce cards (at least for MVR, which is OpenGL)
- you can set it to work with red/blue 3D stereo glasses. Shutter glasses are of course much better - at least if they work, which is a story of its own..., but also hard to get and expensive.
Very important note : I had a discussion with the programmer to confirm  that there is a bug in parts of the game, which causes a complete lockup of the computer in stereo mode at the following scenes :
a) the fountain in the canyon (it's OK as long as you don't get too close)
b) the 'art in heaven' horses in the rain scene

Sites about 3D: Stereo3D - StereoVision
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2002, 15:50

wow... thanks a lot for all the information
my card is a nvidia geforce2 mx and i'm just downloading the display driver and the stereo driver, i've been reading about the shutter glasses, u are right, expensive... but i can imagine inside them u can feel really in other world... it seems it has to be a great experience...

i've also downloaded the grabclipsave, i'll try it later
i have a lot to read now i think, this all technology is a bit new for me since i'm used to my old nikon fm2  :D
just thinking that all this stuff, i mean the glasses... gloves... and so on when i was a child was a dream, i remember a film, don't know the name in english... spanish translation... the grass cutter or something like this and from all the movie i most remember the scene where the gardener plays a game suspended in the air in a kind of moto... and he is rushing inside a tunnel... then i wanted to be there... and now we've got it by hand... with a click and a credit card :D
sorry... just a silly thought

thanks again andreas
:)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2002, 17:20

installed the gcs, i've got my first pics inside
now, something new to do in mvr... looking for good photos...
;)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2002, 08:43

Maria - The film was called "The Lawnmower Man" in english (although your Grass Cutter sounds more intriguing).  It starred Pierce Brosnan and Jeff Fahey if I recall correctly.  Maybe we'll have comparable graphics on our desktops in ten years time?

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2002, 17:47

:D thanks a lot the thin man for the correct translation... what i did is what we call in spain "speaking spanglish"

oh... i wish so... i was very impressed by some moments of that film, i love going to the mountains and walk there or to the mediterranean beaches... yes... but i also enjoy a lot travelling in virtual worlds... some years ago in some way, it meant reading some kind of books or listening to some music or drawing or... whatever u make from the imagination and now we've got almost the possibility of being inside... i can imagine myself riding 'grey shadow', gandalf's horse... (another spanglish translation  :D
yep... maybe in ten years time...

and coming back to topic, i recall some time ago someone said that he/she has gone to the horse at the beginning, without rings and something changed...

i tried this, i went with an ava and when i got close to the horse, the light turned pink, the ava dissapeared and i went to the scorpion in the white branch, the ring was there and the ava appeared again, but i didn't manage to take the ring, i tried with the ava, shooting rings... no way, and i parked the ava and move slow right towards it, i could touch it but nothing more...
anyone managed to get it?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2002, 18:02

Maria: yes, the horse triggers something even if you have no rings. But I can't really define that something. ;) And the ring in the white branch is supposed to be ring #3 (or #4 if you have played a game to get the first ring), so you need to have at least 2 rings to get it.

Talking of new things to discover in MVR... well, this is not at all new, but I'll mention it here, as I think that no-one yet did :) :  Has anybody ever noticed how damn quickly does time pass while you fly through the desert? I'll quote just two examples to explain what I mean:
1) At the start, the sky is a dark blue, late-afternoon one. But right after you go to The Origin it becomes early morning. Kinda strange, ain't it? :)
2) When you have 3 rings, you pass under the Stonehenge arc where the TaiChi baby is and you get the seagull, it is early evening (pink-reddish sky). But when it is flying towards Turtle Island, it is (approximately) 10 o'clock... stars are shining, and jumping dolphins are clearly seen against a very dark sky... and when you get to the island, it's early morning again... all this in just 30 seconds??? Come on, let's admit once and for all that MVR is no Virtual Reality at all, just pure fantasy...
[I'm joking, of course. I know it is pure fantasy. :)]

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2002, 18:53

hi ugo,
ya... i know the branch-scorpion ring appears when u ve got two of the rings... the bright spirit over the branch guides u there
and when u go to the horse without any rings... as u said, it happens something, light changes and the ring appears, the branch is usually alone... no ring or scorpion... so i supposed that if it appeared it was meant to be taken... but maybe not
this is an odd moment, i mean, the one round the horse... other times i flew riding the blue pegasus which flows from the horse but it seems to go nowhere... anyway a nice riding

time in mvr... what about the trip among the planets? pure fantasy... u are right... wish we could jump from saturn to neptuno in just a few seconds or surf on a shooting star  
 :D

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2002, 15:10

i've recently discovered that the blue moth is the only avatar u can't take unless you are the host, i've tried to take it flying in an i.p. different from mine but i couldn't...
has anyone noticed that?

btw. i was a bit wrong about what there is round the white branch... the scorpion is always there, but not the ring

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Terra111 Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2002, 10:47

I found this one today..

When you are on Turtle Island, search for an Oyster. Fly into the oyster then shoot it from inside, that takes you to the Dolphine (sp?) sequence without ''joining'' one of the snakes.
Profile PM 
Me
Unregistered

Posted: July 28 2004, 07:46

Well, maybe I'm too late to post something here and nobody's going to see it, but I don't have Internet in my home and I've discovered this site and forum a few days ago in the academy where I'm "studing".
The thing is that I've found something that nobody seem to have noticed; well, that's just that, in the left wall of the diamond ring in the water temple, you can find the name "neek" going in and out the wall slowly (you can see it only when it's out). Neek is the graphic artist of the game, isn't him? How did I found it? Well, doing some tricks...
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 07 2018, 01:43

Here's one more mysterious little object that I don't think has been discussed... It's on the left summit of the Indian canyon, and looks like a square mobius strip... An invisible barrier prevents access to it:

Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: April 11 2018, 16:30

You mean the object on the right side in your screenshot? It may look distant, but it's not. You can go there, but not straight ahead. You need to stay close to the canyon and then turn left further ahead. However, it's just another "portal". It will transport you back to the cactus.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 11 2018, 19:45

Thanks, Oldfield_fan! It will be fun to explore it just the same  :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 14 2018, 03:04

I've just followed oldfield_fan's suggestion and it indeed works. A follow-up question, though, is the interesting shape in the middle of the portal. The same shape is present in other portals; from a distance it looks a bit like an eagle but close up more like a nebula. Any thoughts, anyone?

Profile PM 
Vrbomber Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2020, 09:32

Yo pienso que es que haces algo malvado y te castigan con una version malvada del juego por ejemplo que la nave te persigua
Profile PM 
37 replies since Oct. 28 2002, 16:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net