Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anything new to discover?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 28 2002, 16:16

Since we've all been playing MVR for a while now I was wondering whether anybody has discovered anything new recently? Just tonight I discovered that sometimes if you chuck things at Sally you go to a 'evil' chill out zone with dragons and swords flying about, this was new to me.

One thing I'd like to know is does the temple, the one with the pool with the rings in it and the magic cup thing you can climb into, do anyhting? Is this a gateway to anywhere or does it just look pretty?

And another thing, we know that if you throw apples at the green trees you fertalise them, well what about anything else? If you throw seagulls, boomarangs, shells, gold etc at things does it do anything unusual?

I've discovered if you fly into one of the sprites you then get to throw about magic dust stuff but what does it do? I've tried throwing it at everything and so far nothing has happened. There must be some reason for it?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2002, 18:15

Also another recent discovery is that if you throw boomarangs at the airship avatar lots of dark blue dandilion seeds come out of it. Why this happens I do not know.
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 09:21

The temple with the ring pool is AFAIK only used to give up one or more of the rings that you have collected.  I've noticed that when the white "smoke" rises from the temple, if you touch the woman figure walking round the main desert you hear "Too many rings".  Other than that I believe that his is the only purpose.  Having said that I've only just discovered the hidden chamber under the pedestal in the other temple, so there might be something similar here.

Paul
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 15:22

I recently discovered a third diamond ring and thought that I was now on my way to discovering the final piece of music.  However, whatever I try I still end up at the quiet end scene (but I am still unique and the universe loves me).

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 16:31

My new discovery for tonight.
If you throw snowballs at the electric guitar avatar millions of little guitars fall out of it and it play's a littile tune.

ps Maybe you allready noticed this but during the 'return to the origin' tunnel sequence Mike's little black cat is sitting at the front of the spaceship flying it.
Actually there's a point. That MVR/TL promo video that was available showed a clip of Mike working in his studio and he seemed to be working on an animation of the cat walking. Has anybody seen this bit in MVR or maybe it wasn't use in the final version.

pps Another thing I've noticed is that if you fly up to the spaceship you can clearly see a ring inside one of the 'dome' end bits has anybody been able to get it?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 18:44

Just to add to the above. If you throw anything at some of the avatars lots of little avatars come flying out. Try throwing something at the piano avatar for example you get a little tune and lots of tiny piano's fly everywhere. Nothing amazing happens but it looks cool.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 18:52

just now...
tonight i've had the most weird flight in this time...
i've touched the olliphant... the figure on it is very white and the olliphant reflects colours...  it's a flat glass figure, u can move round it...
(i know u may not believe me, but believe me... i'm still feeling my heart as a drum...)
later, after a long flight i reached the vulcano and entered the crater, it has got blue water inside instead of a hot stomach... but it seems not possible to dive there...

it all started when i was trying to go to the canyon from the obelisk, i saw there were no red stones... first i thought i was out of the path, couldn't see nothing more than water and mist, i returned to the obelisk and started again... but there was no path so i started flying heading to the olliphant waiting for the crash with the invisible wall... but there was no wall...and i flew for a long time, i mean some moments i thought i was stuck but mist kept on moving... and i realize that the figures were growing... and there it was... sharp stones as teeth coming out of the water and just behind... the olliphant... when other times i looked at it from tai chi island i thought it was a dream... but there it was...  and later when i managed to get the desert, it was really desserted, not even the cactus... at last i touched the white round figure which is over one of the flat mounts and returned to origin...

i'm still shivering...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 23:05

Yes Maria, I've had something similar in the past where I could go all the way into the volcano with a blue bottom. However, the Oliphant was NOT anywhere when this happened to me. It seems that certain conditions trigger the entry into this 'barrier-less' world - I have not been able to say one way to do it as everytime I try to find it again (using what I thought was the correct series of events) does not work.

Can you remember what it was you were doing that triggered off the 'barrier-less' world?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 13:37

Yeah I made it to the volcano recently as well, it takes ages to get there you seem to travel very slowly outside of the barriers.

I don't know what triggered it but I do know that when I took the seagull flight to turtle Island I remember thinking the sky isn't usually this colour so maybe thats a sign that the barriers are down.

So you can get to the Daliphant. Thats a big question answered at least that gives me something to do on these cold Scottish winter nights.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 13:38

Yeah I made it to the volcano recently as well, it takes ages to get there you seem to travel very slowly outside of the barriers.

I don't know what triggered it but I do know that when I took the seagull flight to turtle Island I remember thinking the sky isn't usually this colour so maybe thats a sign that the barriers are down.

So you can get to the Daliphant. Thats a big question answered at least that gives me something to do on these long cold Scottish winter nights. :cool:
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 14:18

hi timshen and toby
nice to know that i was not raving...  :D

i remember what i was doing yesterday... i was flying online with lars and we were going to the dolphins but when we were at the table i was disconnected so i entered again and my firebeing was not there... i tried to catch the blue moth but i couldn't get close to it... don't know why so i reset the game and in the desert i took the yellow butterfly since my firebeing was lost somewhere...  
then i flew to the obelisk to meet lars in the canyon and u know the rest...
yesterday i had no rings and i had gone anywhere before this, i had just entered... so... i don't know
i first went to the olliphant and later flew to the left and reached the vulcano... the space outside seems to be huge... that was the feeling i had while flying so slowly... even with the fast mode i felt as stuck over the water...

btw. toby, maybe an online trip could be good for your long cold  scotish winter nights... well, if any of u want maybe we could meet someday in the same sky and look for the olliphant... who knows what we can still find...

it's curious... just yesterday we were talking about new discoveries and this happens... i'm glad :D

regards
:)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 14:44

ITS A DATE BABY. ( possibly a first in the world of MVR)

Funnily enough I've never played it online. I should give it a go, I'm not actually sure what to do so I'll get to grips with it and get back to you Maria. xx  ;)
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 16:10

Just had a look at the map at MikeOldfield.com and was wondering what 'spritemaster' was refering to. Anybody have any ideas?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 18:35

hi toby,
i think it's the white object over one of the flat mounts in the origin zone... coming through it u are taken to the cactus with the welcome tune
see u in mvr  :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2002, 21:00

Ok here's some new discovery's. (new to me anyway) Go over to the piano but stop short of actually starting the piano game. Just make sure you can fire piano projectiles, these seem to be the long range projectiles. Try firing piano's at the mouth of the volcano it starts to erupt. Fire them towards the daliphant on the far shore it erupts as well and you go to the 'evil' chill out zone. But if you fire them towards the big planet in the sky or the hills on the far shore next to the daliphant strange sparkly lights appear. Has anybody else noticed this?
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2002, 19:08

Please ad me in the MVR date:) I want to disciver as well. Just tell me where and when and I'll be there:)

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2002, 14:14

:)  when u want to fly online, go to the board in mvr webpage... that's a good place for meeting i think
see u then

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 18:18

i've just seen one new thing... it's not really a new place since it's in the origin zone
i picked the rings in the coloured stones which are in the way to stonehenge from the cactus,  when i had the three of them something changed, the yellow sprite appeared and the sound i could hear was the one in the vulcano after the fying saucer flight and in the bat's maze and in the tree in the snow cave... the one which announces the gate back to the origin.
i came near to it to see if it took me somewhere... but not, i could do nothing to it so... i flew around and found out that there were no avas, no rings and the space was reduced and a blue hole appeared near the space gate on the hill, it was a kind of gate...so i entered... no way in the water... so heading to the sky... it seemed there was no invisible wall... but there was... but in the intermediate space u can fly and i saw the head with the hole flying there and the airship, i was over it and it was nice... very smooth, as if it was made with mercury and it moved softly through the invisible wall so i lost contact with it... i moved round and i was again in the origin zone but i hadn't crossed the blue hole back...
all the time the only sound i heard was that of the yellow sprite (...a bit annoying... i had to turn off the volume of my headphones)  as if it could be something, or somewhere to go... don't know...

btw. i 've tried a lot of times to cross again the wall to the olliphant and the vulcano but no way... :/ crash and crash with the invisible wall  :D

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 18:30

Found a new thing. At least to me it was. One of the big stones near the origin, when you aproach it, it flyes out small red things out of it and the whispering voice says "the game will not further". Hang on there a sec and you will be ported to ring game. Shoot three rings with a spike ball trough the arch, just watch out for the very big scorpion.

Another thing, not funny though that I discovered was after flying to space with the arrow and finally made it back to the earth I was not ablie to do a thing. I was surrounded by sprites and a rose pillar and an invisible wall. Could not get out of there so I had to turn off the game. :(

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2002, 19:16

maria,
IMHO when you picked up the RGB stones, you are supposed to follow the yellow sprites and pick up one of the rings (probably just the ring with the crab).
The blue holes seem to be a bug IU've found in some other similar scenes - there's just some part of the surface missing, so you may fall through the ground. You usually may pass upwards again anywhere. Sometimes, there even is no barrier below the ground, so you can fly anywhere.

Thomas,
when returning from space, IIRC you just have to touch/hit the rose pillar to get back to the origin.

Andreas - little blue bird (maybe some day next week again)
Profile PM WEB 
37 replies since Oct. 28 2002, 16:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net