Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anyone up for actually making an album?, Just for some fun, people provide theirs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
D Seph Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 12 2007, 20:39

We do have alot of talent about here, some of  which I truly envy. But ever since I was all midgit and what-not, I have wanted to create an album of sorts. Something...New Agish, not overdone on distortion guitars, but you get the idea. An instrumental. Anyway, if anyone wants to do this, can they please show us something, a video of them or something, or post a link to a song they have composed.
I'd be happy to provide piano, as I have a lovely little spinet.

Anyway, thanks.

-Michael.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2007, 15:13

yes - bit it's getting the time to do something.

Ray :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 13:47

Sounds like a project then?
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 13:55

great idea, but Ray is so right about time!  The infernal enemy!  So far all I've managed to do is comic stuff, nothing serious (see here for latest sillyness) but I'd like to do something..... oh, but with distorted guitar, doh!  Maybe I can use Mike's Ramirez, if I ever learn to play it!
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 14:19

aw. Well when we all do have the time, people should record their own?
I am not a fan of MIDI recordings, but would rather something authentic. Say, a tape recording, or whatever. (I record using my mp3 player)
suggestions.
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 16:00

are you talking about collaborative stuff, or just individual pieces which are in a collection?  If you sent over a piano part I could add a guitar, for example.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:28

Quote (captainjjb @ Jan. 15 2007, 18:55)
great idea, but Ray is so right about time!  The infernal enemy!  So far all I've managed to do is comic stuff, nothing serious (see here for latest sillyness) but I'd like to do something..... oh, but with distorted guitar, doh!  Maybe I can use Mike's Ramirez, if I ever learn to play it!

I'll come and play the Ramirez for you!!!!
:D  :D

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:30

I'm staying in Chamonix for another two weeks - after that i'll have acess to my Logic Pro again - so I can mix!!!!  And occasionally add bits of Les Paul sounds if someone tells me what key to play in. ;)  ;)

Ray :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:34

I've already made two hobby albums, one mostly electronic and one  50/50 electronic and real recorded instruments.  It's fun but it takes a silly amount of time to do it all on your own.  Also the mixing can take along time to get things just right.

Still it is worth it for the fun you have doing it - even if the final product is not really of marketable quality.

So i'm all for a reall instrument album - with parhaps a few bits of midi or garageband rifs now and then.

I can play the Bodhran as well.

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:43

Quote (captainjjb @ Jan. 15 2007, 16:00)
are you talking about collaborative stuff, or just individual pieces which are in a collection?  If you sent over a piano part I could add a guitar, for example.

More or less that.
Individual parts of course, but we all actually compose some part, send it somewhere, then someone else composes something fdor it.
Profile PM 
Mr_Brownstone Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:54

sounds like a great idea, but im still waiting for the TSODE to actually start, but ill add some guitar if needed, and may some bass or keys
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 17:55

I am saving up for a glockenspiel, and could have an actual tubular bells sometime soon (Depends how well I play my cards)
Otherwise, I provide simple piano notes using my spinet.
Now we need guitars, and horns. (I say no to drums, but I have always thought of the bass as a perfect substitue for drums)
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 18:10

I think you need a core of people - say 3 to 5 who can manage the project.  Other can add in material if they like but What fell appart last time was the lack of coordination and file numbering.  Someone need to take that on.  Version number need to be given to mixes with an explainaintion of what is in each mix.

I think someone who is very musical - ie knows music theory or is just good should lay down a base track (not a Bass track - although it could be) for others to build on.

Also we need some notes to go with that base track like what key it's in, when it changes key, what the timing is.  If we start like that it will be easier for anyone to join in with their own little bits - rather than only musical experts and gifted people.

Just some thoughts.

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 15 2007, 19:06

I can't provide any real instrumentation right now, only computer-based stuff.

Rather than contributing some music to the project, I might be able to help run the project.  It could be helpful to have someone who isn't writing the music to try and keep everyone informed of what's happening and who's doing which bits.  I could also promote the music on lyricless.com to get you all some more exposure, perhaps write a few blog entries about it to get people interested.

What do you think?  I don't mind either way, I just thought you might find it useful to have someone to pull it all together.  Let me know your thoughts... :)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 13:06

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 15 2007, 17:28)
I'll come and play the Ramirez for you!!!!

Ray

Anytime you're in sunny Rochdale Ray, you're more than welcome!
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 13:19

Quote (Moz @ Jan. 15 2007, 19:06)
I can't provide any real instrumentation right now, only computer-based stuff.

Rather than contributing some music to the project, I might be able to help run the project.  It could be helpful to have someone who isn't writing the music to try and keep everyone informed of what's happening and who's doing which bits.  I could also promote the music on lyricless.com to get you all some more exposure, perhaps write a few blog entries about it to get people interested.

What do you think?  I don't mind either way, I just thought you might find it useful to have someone to pull it all together.  Let me know your thoughts... :)

I think that sounds great. I suppose I will record some stuff later, and perhaps have somone else write it. (I'm not a good music writer)
I dub you, project leader
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 18:25

If anyone thinks they can help out, this is a song I wrote using a MIDI, but needs the bass changed. A C sharp and D clash. I can't think of anything new, can anyone find a way to change it?
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 18:42

I cant see any song - did you mean to post a link????

--------------
Profile PM 
D Seph Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 18:45

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 16 2007, 18:42)
I cant see any song - did you mean to post a link????

Oops. :zzz:
http://midishrine.com/midi/10771.mid
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 16 2007, 19:22

OK, here's a short progress update:

http://www.lyricless.com/view_article.php?id=506

As this project has the potential to generate lots of discussion, we can either post everything here in the one thread, unless anyone has any better ideas?  I could set up a discussion area at lyricless.com but people haven't really used the Forums area over there, so I wonder if it's easier just to keep things in this thread.  Feedback welcome :D

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
30 replies since Jan. 12 2007, 20:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net