Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Any outakes?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 15 2003, 11:58

We all know what a huge album Amarok is,in many ways,but was there any music Mike had that he did'nt use for this album,it might sound weird,but remember Mike was very productive in this period,1989 came Earth Moving.1990 Amarok,1992 Tubular Bells 2.So it's possible there was more music.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2003, 13:45

Don't forget Heaven's Open (1991). Music From The Balcony certainly sounds as if it might contain bits that come from the Amarok composing process, though I wouldn't dismiss it as just a collection of Amarok leftovers.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2003, 06:52

Good point,it's not a supprise that Mike wrote so many songs for his next album,after writing all that instrumental music for Amarok.And i would'nt call Music From The Balcony Amarok leftovers either.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2003, 05:59

Also don't forget bits of Amarok where writen a long time ago in a MO galaxy far, far away. Remember the stuff that was writen for the Sallyangie album? I reckon quite a lot of Amarok was made up of decades worth of bits and pieces he'd saved up because he didn't know what to do with them.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2021, 07:46

I often listen the Sallyangie album and hear the bits that turn into Amarok, little did he know when he wrote those pieces what they would turn into come 1990.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Nov. 15 2003, 11:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net