Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Another trip with the flying saucer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 11 2003, 13:39

Hi all,

dunno if this has come up before but I recently found another way to get a trip with the flying saucer.

Get 2 rings. "The spirit is proud of you" then get the ring from the scorpion. Here, instead of heading to turtle island, the gate has reappeared on the way to the lake. On top of the gate is a spinning "thing". The saucer is flying around overhead, placing yourself on top of the gate next to the spinning thing lets you hitch a ride up to the volcano etc.

What I don't understand is what I can do next. Pressing anything seems to get the game upset and send me to the firey origin.

Thoughts?

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 12 2003, 06:56

Yeah, did that myself some day. Seems as if letting yourself get caught by he saucer is one of the things you are supoosed to avoid and get punished for by losing a ring and returning to the burning cactus.
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 15:32

Have now discovered that it's not getting caught by the saucer that loses you a ring.

When you have taken the third ring by the scorpion, there are no "barriers" as such.  If you go beyond the limits the game wants you to go then you lose a ring and go back to the burning cactus. The exception to this is if you hitch a lift with the flying saucer. Then you can fly to the volcano and back. If you hit anything or try and let go *outside the boundary* then you lose your ring. You can however go fly with the saucer and then let go back in the main arena and you don't lose anything.

Cheers

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 16:26

i've tried to 'jump' on the flying saucer but it's not easy (at least for me till now...) don't know if it could be due to the fact that i go there with the ava... it doesn't move fast enough to get the flying object or maybe it's just that i have to improve that skill... :cool:

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since Jan. 11 2003, 13:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net