[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Another nonsense album?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TheMann Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2005, 11:12

Although considering myself as a solid MO fan, I expect
another hasty album like 95% of his output since 1996.

Just read Mikes descriptions of the tracks ...
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2005, 12:10

Another nonsense topic...
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 03:15

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU HAVEN"T EVEN HEARD IT YET?!! TO QUICK TO JUDGE
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 03:42

Lol, I love your nick, hergest.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 06:58

And it's too bad that there are fans which are still sticked to a past that won't happen again in Mike's career musically speaking.Like if all the things he did after "the fans' " classics are completely s*%t if you compare to today's music around and specially to Mike's previous work.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 07:09

"Angelique" and "Our Father" just keep getting better each time I listen to them!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 07:15

Angelique is simply fab.

It starts the album full of good vibes,it's addicting to me!!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 10:25

Yes, unlike Tr3s Lunas, which was a soundtrack of music made for a completely different reason other than just to listen to, this new album sounds like it grasps some feeling and emotion and real soul deep down, despite being simple. Sometimes the most simple piece of music can be more effective than some of the most complex ones.

As MO himself said in the 80s, "..if you can play one note and mean it, it's better than being able to play a series of scales and not mean it."

And can't wait to hear the snow owl's theme revised and extended!!!! Was listening to OMA's 9 minute extended mix of that theme from Tr3s Lunas and I've fallen in love with it all over again.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 12:42

People are certainly jumping to unfair conclusions, I didn't like the album cover, now I think it's quite cool.
I didn't particularly enjoy the two tracks put up on the site but I heard them once, if I heard them again I'd probably like them more, besides, to judge an album on two tracks is rediculous, they may well be the two slow paced tracks that build up to an immense track!  :)

Sorry for crazy amount of commas  ;)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 13:19

as someone who listens to chillout and electronica almost every day, I can say that the MP3s we heard are all quite "standard" and really nothing what I would expect from someone like Mike Oldfield ...

and if someone asks me how can I judge...I can cuz I heard what I heard, standard saw plucks used in every chillout tune or electronica tune I heard, same structure and so on...boring...boring...boring...I thought Mike is going to be innovative as much as someone could be in these genres but he seems to fall into standards...and FL is being one of the worst things for him...

my 2 cents on this...hope I didn't offend anyone :P and if I offended the man himself than I think it's good :P feel offended Mike but make your rage write a good album :P

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 14:03

I think the new melodies and the guitar playing are pure Oldfield, nothing else.

And would people please stop arguing about opinions!
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 14:32

Sorry about posting twice.
I think everyone has a right for an opinion but we should never judge each others opinions. Judge is a person in a courtroom who makes a final decision. Judges never make decisions based on opinions(I hope), only facts. Nobody can tell Me what to think.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 17:37

I think the problem here is with some people judging the entire album based on two tracks.  People are entitled to their opinions, they should just wait until they've heard the whole album before making sweeping statements about it.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 18:18

Hmmm... I think The Mann is a bit right.... these descriptions are a bit childish to me, but not every! Anyway, "Rocky" turns me really down as I read it after a really nice description of Our Father and pope JP2....  :/

I hope the music is not so bad as many may think, and far more beautiful then the others may think... which I wish you all and myself!

--------------
I stay
I pray
See you in heaven one day...
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 20:11

Quote (Harmono @ Aug. 28 2005, 20:32)
Sorry about posting twice.
I think everyone has a right for an opinion but we should never judge each others opinions. Judge is a person in a courtroom who makes a final decision. Judges never make decisions based on opinions(I hope), only facts. Nobody can tell Me what to think.

standard saw plucks FACT!
same structure FACT!
synthetic sounds which sound like comming from any of very over used sample CD FACT!
to name just a few

sorry im just trying to tell you where my opinion comes from and reacting on the
Judges never make decisions based on opinions(I hope), only facts.

sentence.

Mike went to standards!

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 01:37

Quote (TheMann @ Aug. 27 2005, 11:12)
Although considering myself as a solid MO fan, I expect
another hasty album like 95% of his output since 1996.

Just read Mikes descriptions of the tracks ...

I would just like to say that this topic has been disgust (sic) at great length in several other threads, and some people are tiring of it and that is why some of the posts here may seem a little harsh in response to your post. So please do not be personally offended by it and as this was only your second post I think some people could have been a little nicer. Please keep on posting and WELCOME back to the site.

I have been a fan for 32 years and I thought the same thing after reading Mikes interview. If you have only read the translated interview I suggest you seek out the original interview in Mikes own words which is obviously more accurate and doesn't sound as 'bad'.

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 09:08

Quote (TubularBelle @ Aug. 29 2005, 07:37)
and some people are tiring of it and that is why some of the posts here may seem a little harsh

no please take it personally! if Holger didn't say that this is another nonsense topic I would say it myself! The topic name is just bad :P nothing more.

nothing is harsh enough in this case!

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 09:37

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 28 2005, 15:25)
And can't wait to hear the snow owl's theme revised and extended!!!! Was listening to OMA's 9 minute extended mix of that theme from Tr3s Lunas and I've fallen in love with it all over again.

OMA's 9 minute extended version???!!!! I don't have this!! I've never heard it!!!

Where can I get it, someone? Please?
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 09:55

I will upload it for you.....but later tonight. I've gotta be somewhere this morning and then I gotta work. I've looked for it everywhere online myself and I can't find it so I'll host it on my site (as well as Tr3s Lunas II for those who can't find it online and email me looking for it lol). He also made about a 5 minute long Craterland mix. I'll put that up as well.

standard saw plucks FACT!
same structure FACT!
synthetic sounds which sound like comming from any of very over used sample CD FACT!
to name just a few

Same oldfield style and much guitar playing instrumental goodness FACT!

That's all I care about. I don't care if it's standard or not.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 10:18

yes I didn't say album is going to be bad...I'm just saying that i'm expecting to be disapointed a lot with something I was looking forward to...

when I heard Mike's going to try on chillout and some uptempo electronica I was surprised and was looking forward to it...but with what I heard I was dissapointed ... even more than with Armin's Shivers single for example :D

--------------
Profile PM 
44 replies since Aug. 27 2005, 11:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net