Topic: Anonymous members, ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SHINE Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 16 2003, 18:16

Hi,

Today in the Tubular Board,I saw:
        Threre's 3 guests,4 public members and 2 anonymous members

What's an anonymous member?
      What could be  a good reason to become one of them?
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 23:11

When you are online on the board, you can set your appearance as offline, so people won't see you. This option can be chosen when you log in manually.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 22:31

When I'm at home on here, I am an anonymous member. When I'm at Uni, like now, I am a visible member. I don't know why I set it like that...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: May 19 2003, 04:40

It may be because of a cookie from tubular.net.
Search it, erase it and relog to tubular.net.
I think it will work better  :D

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Spinne Offline

Posted: July 18 2003, 17:12

This anonymous members, as far as I know, are simply people visiting the forum who are either people not registered or members not logged in. When you logged in there's a box that you must tick to be logged in automatically everytime you came to this forum, if you don't check this box you must log in everytime you visit the forum. While you aren't log in you're consider an anonymous member (the system doesn't know who you are  :O ).

If you tick the box I have mentioned before a cookie is installed in your hard drive. So if you delete your cookies, then the next time you visit the forum you will have to register again. If your browser is configured to delete automatically the cookies it doesn't mind if you check that box, you will need to register every now and then not to be an anonymous member. And obviously, if you conect from a public computer that doesn't have this cookie installed at the hard drive you will be required to register too. ;)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 18 2003, 18:43

Anonymous members are registered users who don't wish to be identified as being online when they're logged in (people who've ticked the "Don't add me to the active users list" box). Registered users who are logged in show up as public members (and their names appear in the active users list), and anyone not logged in shows up as a guest.
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 16 2003, 18:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net