Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Animated Avatars< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 04:06

Does anyone agree that AA's are as useful and distracting as
sports-track surrounding animated advertsing hoardings?

When reading a quality post...I can forego mini-toons baying for attention in my peripheral vision.

Anyone?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 04:20

I think some of them are funny as hell. Had one once with a cat firing a machine gun. Great stuff.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 04:23

"America.The right to bear arms and the right to arm bears."
                                                    Robin Williams
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 07:13

If animated avatars become too distracting, you can go into "your control panel," "account options," and then select "no" to the question, "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading threads?"  Of course, it gets rid of the static avis as well. Indeed, it would be nice to offer a third option for folks to easily turn off animations.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 08:44

Well, I'm biased in my opinion!

To be honest, I never notice them these days. To busy concentrating on the actual posts.

But, one of the best things about this forum compared to many others is not having HTML signatures. So many sites are nothing but ad's or huge personal statements after each post. Now that is distracting

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 08 2009, 11:38

I don't really notice the animation anymore, either, though for a long time I had the avatars set to off. Have to agree with you about the HTML signatures. There are some forums where I am challenged to find the posts among all the other stuff.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 11 2009, 08:55

Quote (olracUK @ Jan. 08 2009, 08:44)
But, one of the best things about this forum compared to many others is not having HTML signatures. So many sites are nothing but ad's or huge personal statements after each post. Now that is distracting

I agree with that! Even though that means not being able to put links on my signature, it also means we won't run the danger of having humongous, flashy, sparkly and flashing banners piled on top of each other, squishing the actual posts. Those things hurt my eyes.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2011, 05:56

Now no one can argue with that, can they?

Posted: Jan. 11 2009, 15:55  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (olracUK @ Jan. 08 2009, 08:44)

I agree with that! Even though that means not being able to put links on my signature, it also means we won't run the danger of having humongous, flashy, sparkly and flashing banners piled on top of each other, squishing the actual posts. Those things hurt my eyes.

--------------
Highways, my latest album, can be downloaded for free here: http://ferniecanto.imdanet.com/highways

http://stereoblag.blogspot.com: a blog about making music, listening to music and whatever follows.

http://www.myspace.com/ferniecanto

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
7 replies since Jan. 08 2009, 04:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net