Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Angelique, Mike's sleeve notes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 12:43

The album Light + Shade was recorded after a period when I didn't have a record contract. When I finally signed a contract with Universal Music, I was overjoyed to be with a major record label and I wanted to make a record that was both creatively and commercially successful. I had the idea to make a two-CD collection that featured almost chill-out music on one disc, and more up-tempo, almost club like music on the other. I wanted to do almost all of it using software, apart from guitars, as it was something I had never done before. The album coincided with me selling all of my studio equipment to a studio company, who turned up with a huge truck, which carted off my Neve desk, tape machines, monitors, rack effects; everything went. I went from having a room that was chock a block with equipment to one that contained a table, computer, a monitor, two small speakers! It was like a snake shedding its skin, and I reinvented myself. There are a few good moments on the album, of which Angelique is perhaps the best.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
0 replies since Aug. 21 2012, 12:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net