Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: and the sixth ring?, hmmm.... where could it be....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 14 2002, 13:51

i've managed to get five of them, i've never been able to get the one on the ant's back... no way... or the one on the insect which flies by the cactus...
today i thought i was going to get the sixth... first i took the one in the tree and after this, instead of going to the shell on the beach, i went to the big rock which is right hand tr3s lunas, you know, going to the lake, i entered the spike balls game and managed to get one more ring, later went to the beach and picked it up, but... the spirit didn't show me the next... and nothing more happened, no spirits, no glass man practising tai chi... and i've been looking for the fourth but nothing... perhaps if i pick up the five and later go to the rock? could be this? i think i'll try now
by the way, today i've seen the turtle out of its island, near the beach, never seen her in that place before
cheers!

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2002, 15:53

So I guess you haven't been through the thunderstorm ride yet ?
- The spirit wants you to take the shell ring as second (leave extra rings in the temple basin - you can repeat the tasks later to get them back)
- don't go through underwater castle; just play around with the dolphin avatar until the ray takes you back
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2002, 17:31

yes!!!  thanks a_r_schulz  :)
i got it... at last!
i've picked up the five... at the tree, at the shell, the one with the scorpion, at the turtle island.... dolphins and gone with the ray to the origin... horses (by the way, is this the thunderstorm ride you meant? nice mood riding while listening thou art in heaven...) to the rainbow lake and the fifth ring in the small island. this was what i had managed till tonite... gone to the origin through the gate and i've gone to the rock on the left (is not on right as i said before...sorry...) hand of tre3s lunas. there scored the three rings and i was sent to the temple again, touched the ring and sent to the origin... with the sixth!!! yes... i'm glad...
return to the origin and when i was going to touch the cactus... crash and restart  :/
but... don't mind... no need to hurry...
see u!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 04:15

last hints :
- when the ray returns you, look around a bit before going to the cactus..
- look for a crab (where? well, not too hard to guess, I'd say...)
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 13:54

...that's why the ray takes you to the beach... sometimes i almost got crazy going in and out the shell... ohh... silly woman...  ;)  
 i think at the end i've missed something, i went around after listening to the little glass man and when i touched the face it said 'go back'... to the origin... now, i am looking forward to starting again and going to the different places carrying six rings, perhaps something changes... i don't know... or going with other avatars to the turtle island, i like this place... don't know if possible either...  still a lot of things to discover ...

thanks a lot, a r schulz, you've been very nice for helping me
:)
see u!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Livio Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2002, 13:08

:) hi,you can get the 6th from the rings game,that one from the rocks,not far from the hand.the last one you can get it from the piano game...you can find it when you're going to the space gate.if you go slowly in that direction,you can hear a piano playing ;) hit the piano and go inside.but there is another ring.don't ask me why,but i discoverd there are 8 rings in the game... seven are enough to pass the rebirth tunnel and see the angel ;)
Profile PM 
Bad Boy
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 07:13

Hello everyone
I've just discovered something really stunning!
I have found the third diamond ring!!!
And with it and with the normal 7 rings I was able to finish the game with a FANTASTIC ending sequence. Unfortunately, I was able to do this only once. The next times I've tried, it didn't work.
I guess I’ve done something in a special order which I cannot reproduce anymore. Maybe you guys can help me. Nevertheless, here is what I remember:
First, at the very beginning of the game, go NOT to the cactus but go to the big hand. Touch it (not the ring), and you’ll get a dice for shooting. Then go to the cactus and shoot it with the dice.
Then collect your rings, but leave one easy-to-get ring (shell, crab or tree) for later. Every time you are back at the origin, touch the hand before you go to the cactus and shoot the cactus with the dice.
After you’ve collected the fourth or fifth ring (I am not sure) go to the forest and play the dice game.
After the dice game, collect the two known diamond rings (in the underwater castle and in the bat maze) by SHOOTING at them.
Then, back at the origin, again go NOT to the cactus. Instead collect the sixth ring either at the shell, the crab or the ring-tree. And then… WHOAHHH! This was incredible!
Rainbow, flowers, rebirth tunnel (but with different music) and then… space and  MIKE!!!!!
Yes, really, there was a picture of Mike Oldfield himself floating in space and he was smiling at me! And before him lies, on a golden pedestal, the third diamond ring (I believe this was the ring originally intended for the special price from Mike)!! Shoot at it!
Then you are back to the origin. And now collect the last remaining ring. YEAH!
Rebirth-tunnel (but again with different music!!;) and then the end sequence, but with growing fields, flowers, rainbow and a huge (!!!!;) rotating tubular bells sign over the whole scenery and by far the best music of the game. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY GREAT!
I flew through the bells and then, a voice whispers something to me (forgotten what it was) and a bright sign “THE END” fills the screen. The music was even better here!!!
After touching the sign, the game resets back to the origin! Phew! This was so cool.
I must see this again! Please help me!
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 09:18

good!!!
new posibilities...  ;)
i'll try to help you... sure... i'll try this later and come here to tell you what i see...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 11:01

Wow, wow and wow gain! How did you do it Bad Boy? I tried some combinations of what you said with no new results like you described. If anyone suceeds in getting the third diamond ring with Mike's picture in space PLEASE WRITE DOWN THE EXACT SEQUENCE so we can all see such a wonderful ending.

I've been waiting for someoe to stumble upon this - I knew there was some more music for the ending but didn't know how to reach it - I still can't , but now there's hope at the end of the tunnel - literally!!!! :O

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
gvcobb Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 12:46

come on timshen do you think we fell off the tree in the desert! we have tried all the possible combinations you speak of with no difference in play! are you telling porky's or what.
Profile PM 
gvcobb Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 12:48

i think bad boy is exactly that- a bad boy telling porkies to excite us all! :(
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2002, 13:26

it seems nothing different happens and there are some points you can't do in the sequence bad boy told us...
first of all, you can only touch the hand and take the dice before going to the cactus the very first time you enter the origin, the rest of them the hand doesn't appear until you touch the cactus.
i played the dice game in the forest after taking the ring which is by the insect, later went to shoot the first diamond ring, rebirthing and to the origin, after this, i went to the bat maze (i got stuck there, i couldn't find the second diamond ring... :/   by the way, thanks to the blue moth because the other day the sound of your wings showed me where it was... without asking   :)  nice chance) and rebirth tunnel again...
i wouldn't dare to say you were wrong bad boy but...
anyway... i remain thinking there's no need to hurry :) and i like searching... i wish we could always keep on searching for things like rings, new landscapes and new music...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2002, 03:26

Yep! It looks like Bad Boy is a Bad Boy telling fibs!!! I tried every conceivable combination of what he said but to no avail.

Well, it was time well spent, as time in MVR is always time well spent!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Pieter
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 06 2002, 13:07

There is a small hidden gate under the ring at the temple with the two black cats. It opens about every 30 seconds and closes again after two/three seconds. It is at the side the two cats are looking at. Inside, there lies a ring (diamond ring?).
Anybody knows what this means?
womega
Unregistered

Posted: June 30 2003, 07:50

:zzz: Bad Boy!! Who is this human being? Is that really TRUE?
I have try everything, but no way... diamond ring III??
Blue flying insect fly around the cactus. I tried to catch the ring its back and I GOT IT! It's really HARD job, but I made it.
(it takes about half an hour) Best regards.
Spinne Offline

Posted: July 01 2003, 14:13

Where is the diamond ring at the bat maze?? I can't find it. :O
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 03 2003, 17:37

not easy to explain as it's a maze and the ring is really well hidden in it...
look for the figure of a statue on a rock, when u find it in front of u, u'll be listening to an announcing sound, then look around, the ring should be there and then, "go forward to return"

hope it helps.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: July 11 2003, 17:59

dont know why i didn't use this forum b4, been on the otherworld forum at mikes site.

there seems to be a huge combination to this mvr. which makes it all the more amazing.
i played for monthsa now and just found something new, so give badboty and the rest a break. A unique combination may lead to mike and the 3rd ring.

i tried the hand thing, but when i returned to the origin after geting 1st ring in ring game, didnt get hand. collected 3 avatars near origin (airship,bluebird and redwing) still din't get hand unless near origin first. went to moon, shot it, went to moonscape with stars. each star gave new lead track. saw moon but stuck to stars. returned to origin.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
17 replies since Aug. 14 2002, 13:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net