Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: And God created Mike Oldfield who created the music of this century< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
New Incantation Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 20 2009, 08:08

what amazes me about this album is how well produced it is; the music is of course sublime, but the actual product of the album really stands out for high praise

And what amazes me even more is that the album is almost 15 years old yet feels completely timeless and as relevant today as it did back in 94 when it was released.

Each track is full of imagery that can take the listener to anywhere he or she wants; and for me is one of the most relaxing & dream-enhancing albums ever.

For me it ranks alongside "Tubular Bells" and just a shade behind "Incantations" in terms of my favourite MO albums.

Whether that will still be the case in another 15 years I guess Only Time Will Tell.....
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 17:48

It might seem trivial, but I have always wanted to share how when the Narrator says ..."and God saw the light - that it was goood" - I really like that bit <the pause> then - "that it was goood" (the U.S accent and all)    :cool:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 09:49

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Jan. 01 2009, 02:43)
I feel funny about my old comments though. I can basically read the entire mindset behind them, but I can barely make it fit on my head anymore. It might not seem like it, but I changed quite a lot.

I've only edited a few of them, to remove some very specific things, but the rest is all there. It's quite funny.

I did not think you were supposed to be aloud to do this as it could alter the whole meaning of the thread, the guidelines say minor edits and spelling are all that should be changed.  

AS PER FORUM GUIDELINES HERE:- Please do not heavily edit your posts after posting them, as it can be misleading and may make topics hard to follow. Correcting spellings or other minor mistakes is fine, as is fixing any kind of error you might notice just after hitting ”add reply.”

This is where screen captures can come in useful folks if you see what I mean!!! it is so sad but you should never over estimate the writings of the average person on the Internet should you? after all they might change what they wrote, and thus make you look foolish.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 10:00

The album to my ears and the videos in my eyes are up there, way up there! so far above all else.  If I was to only be allowed one album to take on a one way trip into space I think this would be it, what would your choices be?

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 19:27

Quote (0+1(I1) @ Sep. 17 2011, 01:49)
it is so sad but you should never over estimate the writings of the average person on the Internet should you?

Enough I1, Notice nobody responds to you.

You have repeatedly said you will not respond to certain people any more and then you hunt and hunt until you can find something to shove in their face from the past.

Ugo and SirM have a lot of respect here ,Built on years of posting and insight, you have zilch.

Please discontinue chasing people through old posts and putting yourself across as an Admin. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 05:34

Milamber you do realise that the words you quote from my post above are the ones used by this very same member in an attack on me in their post at the end of the second page of the topic located here http://tubular.net/forums....t=10306

In the post they made the member wrote the following words
Geez, folks, you shouldn't overestimate the average Internet guy.

Therefore I see no reason why it is wrong for me to use such words when writing in return, no one came forward and posted that this member was out of order in their TROLL posts, did they? did you?.  This person is given free rein to follow & plague me with abuse, so sorry! but when I come across a writing such as this were one shows their true colours I felt it only right to point it out to others what the member wrote about themselves.

If you look more carefully you will realise that I was in no way on a hunt for postings of this kind, I was purely going through this thread attempting to link all that is written here in various topics to one another when I came upon said post.

Thus I felt it my duty to alert readers to the fact that posts might by some members be manipulated after their initial placement and thus be misleading to the reader.  Hence my suggestion of taking screen prints as proof of what was written at the time of your reply just in case it later changes as has happened to me.

When it comes to your admin remark, I think I am well within my rights to quote the guidelines, due to all the above and the fact that I feel this member has stepped way beyond the line on several occasions in their postings aimed at me.

In my stating I would not reply to their future disruptive posts, I never said I would not comment on their old ones, did I?.

I hope this clarifies my feelings on this subject for you and all others & must finish in writing, yes I do have respect for Ugo & have written so but as of yet I have not found much other than abuse in the writings made by this other member.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 06:16

Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+Sep. 17 2011, 21:34)
Milamber you do realise that the words you quote from my post above are the ones used by this very same member in an attack on me in their post at the end of the second page of the topic located here http://tubular.net/forums....t=10306

In the post they made the member wrote the following words
Geez, folks, you shouldn't overestimate the average Internet guy.

Therefore I see no reason why it is wrong for me to use such words when writing in return, no one came forward and posted that this member was out of order in their TROLL posts, did they? did you?.  This person is given free rein to follow & plague me with abuse, so sorry! but when I come across a writing such as this were one shows their true colours I felt it only right to point it out to others what the member wrote about themselves.

If you look more carefully you will realise that I was in no way on a hunt for postings of this kind, I was purely going through this thread attempting to link all that is written here in various topics to one another when I came upon said post.

Thus I felt it my duty to alert readers to the fact that posts might by some members be manipulated after their initial placement and thus be misleading to the reader.  Hence my suggestion of taking screen prints as proof of what was written at the time of your reply just in case it later changes as has happened to me.

When it comes to your admin remark, I think I am well within my rights to quote the guidelines, due to all the above and the fact that I feel this member has stepped way beyond the line on several occasions in their postings aimed at me.

In my stating I would not reply to their future disruptive posts, I never said I would not comment on their old ones, did I?.

I hope this clarifies my feelings on this subject for you and all others & must finish in writing, yes I do have respect for Ugo & have written so but as of yet I have not found much other than abuse in the writings made by this other member.

1I You obviously have a bug up your ass SO big a house full of stray cats couldn't scratch it....

, no one came forward and posted that this member was out of order in their TROLL posts

Actually Admin Matt did post on that and "Suggested" that it should be dropped from the conversation.
Milamber you do realise that the words you quote from my post above are the ones used by this very same member

Yes I did and two wrongs make a right do they, It's quite obvious your posts are intended to provoke a response.
I felt it only right to point it out to others what the member wrote about themselves.
\Yes that's called a vendetta.
I think I am well within my rights to quote the guidelines, due to all the above and the fact that I feel this member has stepped way beyond the line on several occasions

And the Admins failed to catch this because???

So when they respond to your digging are we to believe you will not respond to them in turn .
As usual it clarifies one thing, you are never wrong.

Also you stated in another post that your only bit of tech up in the back hills of Greece was a laptop, Later on you were discussing some song or another and how you had listened intently with different speaker placements and such....were can I get a laptop like that..

Also you state your age as 99 and have mentioned your age often as being old and yet you see things in Mike Video's no one else does...I have the answer...Cataracts

Look I'll join the rest of the board after this post and won't bother/respond to you again.
Happy Listening.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 07:52

Milamber:-
I have not brought any bugs here to be scratched that have not been present here for years as pests to the views of others.

Yes I am fully aware of Matt's posts in support of my\our views but I did not read that anyone wrote that this specific members posts where out of order, rude, offensive, disruptive etc.  No one came forward as you did here to tell them to stop or state that they were out of order, did they?.

You may be right in most cases two wrongs do not make a right, however sometimes one must make a point & I feel I made a valid one here.  You of all people should realise I normally will do all I can to keep the peace & often am the one to turn the other cheek but when I sense a person is malicious I will in my own defence retaliate like wise in order to see that what I believe to be right is seen to be given a fair consideration by the all not just the one or few. This is an open forum to the eyes of the world & it is not to the few but the all! I put my/our views in writing here on.

Vendetta it is not! search for truth 1T is.

I do not know why they failed to notice the member had changed what was written in their posts, apart from to in their defence say did you notice? and one must remember there are some 3204 registered members here on this Mike Oldfield Forum which has a total of 115606 posts with 106678 replies to 8928 Topics and thus no one could expect a hand full of people to be able to monitor all these members postings.

So when they respond to your digging are we to believe you will not respond to them in turn .
As usual it clarifies one thing, you are never wrong.

This is not so if you look around you will find I go out of my way to make it clear to all readers here when I find I am wrong as I did on the second page in this thread:- http://tubular.net/forums....;t=9338

Also you stated in another post that your only bit of tech up in the back hills of Greece was a laptop, Later on you were discussing some song or another and how you had listened intently with different speaker placements and such....were can I get a laptop like that..

If you have a pair of headphones and a old laptop with fairly basic software you already have the equipment that I have. Maybe you should reread the relevant post.

Also you state your age as 99 and have mentioned your age often as being old and yet you see things in Mike Video's no one else does...I have the answer...Cataracts

I do not see  :laugh: the point you are trying to make here :/
why would you assume my age to be of importance as my mind and your mind are where we understand things which we see and saw long ago, however up until 3 years ago I had perfect vision and since then I have needed to use reading glasses but at my age things can change rapidly. And due to this possibility I wish to complete my task here. THUS NO YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWER.

Look I'll join the rest of the board after this post and won't bother/respond to you again.
Happy Listening.

That is fine the loss of your views will not bother me at all, I just hope you can keep your word!!.
Thank you for most of your replies.
& HAPPINNESS TO YOU ALWAYS! I1...

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 08:02

Some of the songs on TSODE are out of this world. Tubularworld and Hibernaculum are those for me. However I do like TB2 more because it is more diverse IMO. A lot of the songs on TSODE are too much like each other for me.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 08:15

Busy busy boy  :laugh:  :laugh:

I1 gets around
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 08:19

Quote (HR lover @ Sep. 17 2011, 15:02)
Some of the songs on TSODE are out of this world. Tubularworld and Hibernaculum are those for me. However I do like TB2 more because it is more diverse IMO. A lot of the songs on TSODE are too much like each other for me.

I loved these words
Some of the songs on TSODE are out of this world.
HOW APT! did you choose them intentionally? :D

I also love TBII but on a 800 year one way trip to a new world I do not know if I would want to be reminded of my home planet as I feel TBII along with a lot of Mike's work is Earthly whilst maybe at the same time heavenly, it would be a hard choice to make, to stay or go let alone & if I could only take one album on the mystical journey I think it would make it even harder.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 08:29

The mystical journey is all in your head  :) No need to go to another world for that.

That's why you should not get over familiar with things, because that way things might seem fixed and the magic train might stop.

--------------
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 09:39

Or is it :laugh: all in ones head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H7WqwsxLZw

Very cleaver impersonation (?) of MO's style of imagery all those 3's & taking the graphics right to the edge of the screen like on the cover of Heavens Open & much more to be seen.
See the Reflections video here http://tubular.net/forums....t=10364 plus the dog like artwork on the cover of 5 Miles Out, SPIRALS & keep on looking frame by frame at this & all Mikes work you may be amazed at what you see.  ;)

I just noticed this topic was started on the 11th July 2000 so seems (in scheme) a strange heading  :D  unless the member has a crystal ball, if so MO will of achieved 2 centuries as Grand bicentennial MaestrO :)

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 10:16

*deleted
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 10:18

deleted
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 10:24

deleted
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 11:33

Does anyone still have doubts that we've got a troll in the forum? If anyone could come up with a better remedy than a permanent ban, I'd be happy to hear it.

Everyday the 1+1=2 guy is closer to achieving a flamewar in the forum. I think it's wise to stop that before it happens.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 11:53

Sorry, but what is the fuss about?

--------------
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 13:20

Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+Sep. 17 2011, 12:52)
Yes I am fully aware of Matt's posts in support of my\our views

I1, I have never supported your views. I support your right to post about your views so long as you stay within forum guidelines. I support the right of other forum members to dispute and refute your views so long as they stay within forum guidelines. In particular, please stop resurrecting so many old forum topics with the same point again and again. If you wish to link to may old topics create *one* topic too discuss and then link them from your *one* topic. Your current actions count in my view as being disruptive to the forums.

I1 - raising Sir M's old posts to discuss trolling after I had asked you both to just get over the "troll" comment was entirely unhelpful. I ask again for personal attacks to stop.

Please can we get back on-topic.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 23:18

Matt what I meant by the comment you took from my earlier post was that I was aware that you had shown support for my/our right to have views of our own as you did in the said topic.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
42 replies since July 11 2000, 15:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net