Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: An idea for musos out there, A Collaboration< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 05:00

I regret to inform you all of my intention to back out of your project Sorry.

Time constraints and a Baby on the way I feel I wont have time to give this project the attention it deserves.

I know you Guys will produce something wonderful and I wish you the best with this endevour and look forward to the results.
Pity it would of been nice to work with you all, especially a bass player.
Cheers M.
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 05:14

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 13 2011, 11:00)
I regret to inform you all of my intention to back out of your project Sorry.

Time constraints and a Baby on the way I feel I wont have time to give this project the attention it deserves.

Milamber

Better now than when I make it really go!!!!!!!!!!!

Your imput is still needed.

Next time though, when the dust settles. That'll be about 4yrs. Mike and me will be 61, you'll be grey haired and not furry, and I hope, I still wont have grown up.

Keep the didger oiled in the mean time. 2 are better than one Mrs Milamber. Or have I got that wrong.

Cheers K
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 05:23

Quote (trench @ Feb. 13 2011, 09:53)
count me in..........would love to contribute a fretless bass and some ambience.

Fretless bass hey.

What was wrong couldn't you afford any ?

Welcome aboard Trench and to Bob the Screamer.Join us when you can. Glad to have you both aboard.
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 11:55

Quote (dunlooser @ Feb. 13 2011, 11:23)

Whats happening ?????

I have just laid down the first track from Quietman...sooo...
the project is officially under way. Thanks QM. your right they're huge files.

I,m going to add some guitars etc.

Quietman, I shall need some pad sounds next to lay underneath. Those you have on the original will be good.

Can I suggest you try converting them to mp3 and put em on your new soundcloud acc. I can access them fine from there.

Cheer DL
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 14:10

[quote=dunlooser,Feb. 15 2011, 17:55][/quote]
Quietman, this is really workin out.
I've put an acoustic kinda solo at the start, in the 9 bar lead up to the main theme.

I rekon there's a bit more than ten mins in that theme. We could take it in and out. Perhaps modulate ?

Then before the pipe sound you've got, I'll play recorder, and, keep it kinda  " tree huggy " and then bring a telecaster in with the pipes, and beat Mike to the starting post!!!!!!!!!!!

What would realy sound nice or, sweet, (as some of you say out there,) would be to get Trench to play a question and answer "stand off" with the acoustic on his fretless bass.

He's offered so we should use every one who's interested.

Hopefully by tomorrow night I'll have something for you all to hear. I'll keep it short- coz- I now know, it drives Milamber mad.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 14:13

Not at all Kev :laugh:
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 14:15

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 15 2011, 20:13)
Not at all Kev :laugh:

Your pants are on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Shocking.
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 14:33

Quote (dunlooser @ Feb. 15 2011, 19:10)
[quote=dunlooser,Feb. 15 2011, 17:55][/quote]
Quietman, this is really workin out.
I've put an acoustic kinda solo at the start, in the 9 bar lead up to the main theme.

I rekon there's a bit more than ten mins in that theme. We could take it in and out. Perhaps modulate ?

Then before the pipe sound you've got, I'll play recorder, and, keep it kinda  " tree huggy " and then bring a telecaster in with the pipes, and beat Mike to the starting post!!!!!!!!!!!

What would realy sound nice or, sweet, (as some of you say out there,) would be to get Trench to play a question and answer "stand off" with the acoustic on his fretless bass.

He's offered so we should use every one who's interested.

Hopefully by tomorrow night I'll have something for you all to hear. I'll keep it short- coz- I now know, it drives Milamber mad.

I'm getting excited now.... I need to pop the pads into the 4shared folder later

nice one dunloser

btw... I'm in the middle of Barafundle part1 and it end with the drums so I went into Audacity and mixed them together for a test........ worked well! The piece needs a middle section would you like a preview?
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2011, 15:03

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 15 2011, 20:33)

Not at the moment, let's get this section sorted first, and involve a few others. I would really like some piano perhaps gently easing us into the real/main part.

For me, I would really like to use this part to end the piece as a whole, but it's going to change as other people add their contributions.

Let's just see what happens.
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 13:57

Quote (dunlooser @ Feb. 15 2011, 21:03)
Let's just see what happens.

Well Quietman here's a taster.

If you don't like the ideas your music has given me, send me a pm. Then we'll air what you want to change, and, the reasons why. We have to be honest, and thats going to be a rule. There's enough s...t in the world without it coming into what we all enjoy on this forum. I can't be industrious when that's going on.

It's your influence for a change, and I think the music is very Mike, so well done. By the way the biggest question of the week for me has been........are you alright with it being used like this ?

I forgot to ask.

To anyone who wants to hear it, you'll find it on my soundcloud site coz I couldn't get it onto the one Martin has cleverly set up.

Your right Milamber he should be our techno kid !!!!!!!!

DL
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 16:35

I listened to it on soundcloud. So far it sounds very promising! Is the idea to lay more instruments on top of this or to make a continuation? Maybe this is not the beginning? As I said I'd like to contribute, but unfortunatly it seems that i won't have time... I'm going abroad for three month from March (will still be online, but will not be able to record), but if the project is still going on in June, or if something new comes up, count me in!

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 16:38

Quote (bob the screamer @ Feb. 16 2011, 21:35)
I listened to it on soundcloud. So far it sounds very promising! Is the idea to lay more instruments on top of this or to make a continuation? Maybe this is not the beginning? As I said I'd like to contribute, but unfortunatly it seems that i won't have time... I'm going abroad for three month from March (will still be online, but will not be able to record), but if the project is still going on in June, or if something new comes up, count me in!

bob

I think it's one of those evolving things
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 17:01

Quote (bob the screamer @ Feb. 16 2011, 22:35)

Check the explanation on the Post  "I've been here a week "

Moderarors !!!!!!!!!!!!! can't we do something about linking projects into one post, so, we all know what were talking about as it develops, evolves, and creates summat alright.

Laters. (thats my new piece of street slang.)

I'm trying to cover three or four at the mo, It could all become very confusing.

DL
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 17:20

aha, I see I have to read all threads to see what is truly going on... that is a bit... SHOCKING :)

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 17:32

Quote (bob the screamer @ Feb. 16 2011, 23:20)
aha, I see I have to read all threads to see what is truly going on... that is a bit... SHOCKING :)

Bob your on the wrong post for being shocked.

I've left a post asking if the moderators can do something about it, otherwise we'll start to PM and keep folks in the dark, at a time, when we need imput.

Don't worry about this track there will be another, you go off and enjoy yourself. And yes I can see it developing into a longer piece.

With the contribution tally so far, we are a Duo. One more contribution and we're a band. I hope it becomes an orchestra. One step at a time.
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 17:43

Quote (dunlooser @ Feb. 16 2011, 22:32)
Quote (bob the screamer @ Feb. 16 2011, 23:20)

Bob your on the wrong post for being shocked.

I've left a post asking if the moderators can do something about it, otherwise we'll start to PM and keep folks in the dark, at a time, when we need imput.

Don't worry about this track there will be another, you go off and enjoy yourself. And yes I can see it developing into a longer piece.

With the contribution tally so far, we are a Duo. One more contribution and we're a band. I hope it becomes an orchestra. One step at a time.

A group or orchestra sounds great. As I say I have the original so do what you want with this. It almost is beginning to sound like a new track from dunloosers input.

At the moment this one is by M. Eve/K. Sumner so we are a duo so plaes join the party! I think we should be called Dun Being Quiet

From quietmans death bed
want the sympathy as have man flu!
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2011, 18:09

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 16 2011, 23:43)
At the moment this one is by M. Eve/K. Sumner so we are a duo so plaes join the party! I think we should be called Dun Being Quiet

From quietmans death bed
want the sympathy as have man flu!

You'll get no sympathy from me.

You can still press button's..........I on the other hand......
can't. I've gotta give up my studio to important guest's.

Hey out there............. you can have friends on here............

And not catch their deseases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back in about a week.

Cheers Quietman.
Now be Quiet, and stay so, until I'm Dun Being Quiet  :D

:zzz:  :zzz:   :/
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2011, 07:52

Quote (dunlooser @ Feb. 17 2011, 00:09)
I'm Dun Being Quiet  

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd keep you up to date with this project.

There is now a second version on my soundcloud site. It's just meant to be a kind of sketch, and is not the finished, thing.

I am now working with Martins individual tracks, which he is sending in mp3 format via email. It actually works very well, if theirs anyone out there wanting to contribute feel free to contact me. The bpm of this piece is 90 bpm.

Cheers Dunlooser.
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 12:53

Quote (trench @ Feb. 13 2011, 09:53)
count me in..........would love to contribute a fretless bass and some ambience.

Well Trench has joined the band, on bass to start.

I've heard his stuff today. Gotta say it's very, very good. He's gonna be a deffinate influence on this project.
Just waiting now for Milamber.............. I know he really wants to drum for us, and Smillsoid to finnish he's project.
We're officially a band now, a trio, yes, but...............you only have to contibute to become an actual member.
We need a pianist, violin, cello, and a whole load more guitarists and musicians. You can also suggest track's of your own if you would like to see what a band can do with them.

It's gettin a bit exciting now. Have a listen to Barafundle on my soundcloud site. This is the 3rd version, but, nothin is written in stone. If you feel you can contribute get in touch here. I speak for myself and the other 2 members, we will be much obliged to have you along for the ride.

Cheers DL   :D
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 22:06

I've got 1 track left to record!  See you in a week.  :cool:

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
81 replies since Feb. 04 2011, 11:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net