Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ambient Guitars - Finale Mix, 2 tunes no one would have guessed...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 07 2003, 20:30

I was surprised when I heard the similarity...it was uncanny! Like he stole the Ambient Guitars theme and used it with this other theme. I wonder if anyone else noticed it...

These 2 tunes together really give Ambient Guitars a good ending feel (not that it didn't already). It's powerful yet relaxing - like the original song.

Tell me what you think of it.

http://smc.sq7.org/brandon/ambient_guitars.ogg

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
KIK3
Unregistered

Posted: June 07 2003, 20:59

Waawww fantactic sound. great mixed work Brandon
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 08 2003, 07:13

Hey, this is pretty cool. Nice work with those low-freq noises. I'm in the middle of a real thunderstorm as we speak, so it's a bit confusing which sound is done by you or by nature. :)

The high freq sound is sometimes a bit annoying, as it tends to go off. A bit before the first minute, by example. Further on in the track it's okay, though.
But besides that, it's very nice. At some parts it almost becomes chaotic, but not very much. And I think that's something to grow into.

I'm having a damn hangover at the moment (free beer has its disadventages) but still the music talks to me without annoying me. That's a very good thing, and if it weren't for that high freq sound, it would be among my favourits, now.

Well done.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 08 2003, 08:50

Yes when the 'high freq sound' starts it's a little too loud. That was sloppy. I could have fixed it. But other than that I'm happy with it.

Hehe, Kik3 here described this tune as a B-side track for Tr3s Lunas II. :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 08 2003, 11:12

fantastic :) I hope I will be able to go with some comments after a few hours of listening....

oh well I don't think there's something to comment...it's too fantastic :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 08 2003, 18:12

I've got an alternate title for this...
Mike Oldfield - Ambient guitars (Brandon Blume's MVR remix) :)

Apart from this, another great great great great great job from (IMHO) one of the best music creators in the board. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 

Posted: June 08 2003, 23:00

You really think that? Thanks, Ugo. Means a lot. I should make like DarkenEdo and write more of my own stuff, too.

And about the title...I was thinking of putting something MVR in there but I didn't want to give it away. I wanted people to go "Oh wow! It's Snow Cavern Flight!"

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 09 2003, 18:19

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ June 09 2003, 05:00)
And about the title...I was thinking of putting something MVR in there but I didn't want to give it away. I wanted people to go "Oh wow! It's Snow Cavern Flight!"

What about "Brandon Blume's Snow Cavern Remix", then? :)

About the piece itself, I repeat what I said: It's extremely cool.  :cool:  :cool:   :cool:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Rob
Unregistered

Posted: April 05 2004, 19:24

could someone be kind enough to post a fresh link to this track, as the link is dead

Thanks In Advance

Posted: April 05 2004, 22:40

Yeah, sorry about that. The guy who owns the server I put my stuff on moved my folder of files into another folder for organization purposes. Here's the working link:

http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/brandon/ambient_guitars.ogg

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: June 10 2004, 08:39

That's an interesting mix. The multiple guitars get a little busy at some points - Ambient Guitars is quite a busy piece on it's own.

I'd have got around the problem with the high frequency noise at the begining by chopping each 'chirp' and moving it to fit the tempo a bit more closely. Just in case you ever go back to it.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2004, 16:40

Tried downloading from this link today - and it seemed to work fine; but then, no player that I have will play it. Does it need a special player? Or is the file corrupted? Help, please, someone? Brandon?
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 08 2004, 17:53

The latest Winamp should be able to play it. I don't think the smallest download has all the codecs that the others have though. But it should work. I just downloaded it and it works fine.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 05:13

Trouble is - to listen to it properly on my hifi I need to burn it to CD - but Nero won't recognise the file type either.

Does anyone out there have a bog standard mp3 of this? Please?
Profile PM 
c_haese Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 10:12

There's an Ogg Vorbis plugin for Nero at http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Hope this helps,

Carsten.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 11:36

Thank you. It looks absolutely terrifying and I doubt I'll be brave enough to try it because I wouldn't have the faintest idea about what I'd be doing ... but thanks!
Profile PM 
Gandalph Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 14:26

Do a search on Google for dBpowerAMP Music Converter. That can convert any format audio file to any other format.

--------------
Yet Another Mike Oldfield Web Site - http://www.dbennett.karoo.net
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 15:02

Don't bother, I'm making an MP3 as I type this. I'll post it up as soon as it's done :). Though all the converting might dumb down the quality a bit.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 15:37

Brandon Blume, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank you. You're a Gentleman, Sir, and a Scholar.
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 14 2004, 17:43

I just try to help out as much as I can. :)

http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/brandon/ambient_guitars.mp3

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since June 07 2003, 20:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net