Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok theme in the original  TB demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Herod Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2009, 06:59

Hallo, everyonei! Haven't written for ages... ;)

Maybe it has already been pointed out before, but couldn't find it anywhere...

Have you noticed that one of the "Amarok" themes was ALREADY in the "Tubular Bells" demo?

At the very end of "Peace-Demo B" you can clearly hear the part that would have become 11:33-12:45 on "Amarok" !

Sorry if this is nothing new...;)

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 07 2009, 08:40

When the 1971 demos first came out on TB 2003 DVD-Audio,that was the most impressive thing when I hearded it for the very first time!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Herod Offline

Posted: June 07 2009, 09:19

True! Not only "Tubular Bells", but Mike's ideas themselves seemed ALREADY well shaped.

When I noticed that bit of "Amarok" 19 years before its creation I was very impressed!

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 07 2009, 09:36

Well, as far as I know, some other ideas of Mike's, which saw (officially) the light on Amarok, are earlier than that. Listen to "Branches" and "Mrs. Moon and the Thatched Shop" on the Sallyangie bonus disc: they're both from 1968. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since June 07 2009, 06:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net