Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok german pressing, An issue with the pressing< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
araunis Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 29 2021, 08:16

Hello

A little funny coincident I got into here.

I bought Amarok on LP (EX/EX) from a private person here in Norway.
Unfortunately my pin jumps and it goes in a loop towards the end of side-B. But continues and complete nice if I just give the arm a gentle blow, when it hits the spot.

But I concluded that this was a broken record.

Therefor I bought another one from recordsale.de (NM/NM)
But when I got it, it turns out that my pin jumped on the exact same spot as the previous record. I jumped in my chair.

On these two records, the following is written on the inner circle:

Record One:
005 DM 21707 (21707 has a line over it) B - 4 210 707 B - 4

Record Two:
0005 DM 210707 B - 2

Both are pressed in Germany. Does these writings mean they both are of the exact same pressing ?

And it might look like there was only one pressing in Germany ?

Anyone others here familiar with this ? Perhaps someone has got this pressing too ? Do all the pressings from Germany include a manufacture flaw somehow ?

I started to wonder if this records only fails in this spot, on my specific equipment. But that is hard to conclude. To figure out that, I need to play them on other players.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else has this pressings, and have experienced the same ? I cannot be the only one with these LP's and probably this issue.

Thanks.
Profile PM 
0 replies since Jan. 29 2021, 08:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net