Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok Excerpts, Where do they come from?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Down Under Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 21 2003, 18:30

Two CD singles contain excerpts from Amarok - Heaven's Open has Excerpt I (intermission, 3:09) and Excerpt V (Green Green II, 2:29) and Gimme Back has Excerpt II (3:22) and Excerpt III (9:30).  I have cued Amarok using the cuesheet you can get from http://www.amadian.net/privatecont.htm#Amarok_Tracks
but I can't figure out exactly where the excerpts come from.  Does anybody know?
Profile PM 
Mike Chadwick Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2003, 10:35

well,these are simple excerpts from album...nothing special - just cuts off from sections...

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2003, 13:08

Quote (Down Under @ July 21 2003, 18:30)
I have cued Amarok using the cuesheet you can get from http://www.amadian.net/privatecont.htm#Amarok_Tracks
but I can't figure out exactly where the excerpts come from.  Does anybody know?

You have the answer not far away  :D . At http://www.amadian.net/rarities1.htm#Amarok_Sampler you will see that there are 2 CDs containing 5 different excerpts each one called Amarok Sampler and Amarok X-Trax (plus a promo release of the second one that came with a magazine only containing 3 of the excerpts). Let's compare the timings and we'll realise that this excerpts must have been taken from Amarok Sampler.

If you're interested in the excerpts from Amarok X-Trax I can say that recently I have had the promo in my hands for a couple of days and I have determined that the excerpts included (I, II & V of the full CD) are the ones compressed between this timings:
Excerpt I: 0:00 to 3:05
Excerpt II: 22:04 to 26:20
Excerpt V: 54:24 to 60:02
I haven't noticed any further edition except for the fade in and/or fade out on some of the tracks. Anybody knows about the others from this or the other CD?
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2003, 13:22

A little adittion, some said that Virgin included these excerpts at these singles (which are from the album Heaven's Open, nothing to do with Amarok) because they had realised at last that Amarok was a great album (it was nearly not promoted). I think it is plain (at least that's what I think) that was easier for Virgin to use this extracts from Amarok than have new songs on the B-side or made new extracts from the instrumental of the album: Music From The Balcony.
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2003, 19:09

To Mike Chadwick : I knew that already.  I wouldn't be asking the question I did ask if I didn't already know that they come from the Amarok album.  I'm trying to find out what PART of Amarok they come from, and that's why I made reference to the cue sheet.  If you can't make any constructive or useful comments, it's better to say nothing at all.  I trust that you have paid attention to this in another section of this forum.  :(

To Spinne : Thank-you for your helpful comments and links.  At least you know what I mean.  I have since separately found out about the points where the tracks on X-trax come from, and I agree with what you worked out.  Now let's hope somebody can come up with information about the other excerpts.   :)
Profile PM 
4 replies since July 21 2003, 18:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net