Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok Association, things that make you think "Amarok!"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2009, 12:25

yeah someone metioned the alledged use of the word Bugger.I checked it out.It's actually "Woja",not bugger.very close to"bugger" it's true but if you listen really hard it's a definate "W" and the "gg" is a "J" making it "Woja".Listen again to it.I did for ages and that's what i found. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2009, 12:29

Quote (The Caveman @ Sep. 29 2009, 12:25)
yeah someone metioned the alledged use of the word Bugger.I checked it out.It's actually "Woja",not bugger.very close to"bugger" it's true but if you listen really hard it's a definate "W" and the "gg" is a "J" making it "Woja".Listen again to it.I did for ages and that's what i found. :laugh:

I never heard it as "buggar" - but I thought it was ODDA

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2009, 12:31

Nope.Definately Woja.makes me wonder if Mike had been watching Monty Pythons' The Life Of Brian."Do we have a Woger?". :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Balbulus Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2009, 12:56

Is that Woger the wampant wobber and wapist?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2009, 15:42

I was answering another thread and it occurred to me, the crackle of my stun gun "Brings On Amarok". We have a lot of homeless here. Most come from prison, let off of a bus downtown, some attack you thru your car window. They then scatter(plot) to find a corner. I think of the cities that have outlawed this. I then think of the sample on Amarok.....(hap-hap-hap-happy!;)................No. 19 years later. Uh uh. It's like a GD pop up ad on a PC at every Fucking intersection. Depression on tap. "What could happen to me to be this way?" pushed into my eyes at every corner. And I think....."Hap-hap-hap-happy?" How in hell can you drive with this depression? I never play Amarok in my car. Not to detract from the recording. I just would prefer to live elsewhere and rock to MO there.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2009, 08:05

@Balbulus.That's the one.Still makes me laugh no matter how many times i watch it.

--------------
Profile PM 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2009, 19:02

When I am stuck in traffic on a rainy day and I look out of my rain fragmented window.... haven't got a Mikey haircut though so I don't suppose that counts.... Frankly Amarokness sneaks up on me in all sorts of places and I feel obliged to whistle along to it in my head. bizzarre, one of his least successful ventures financially and yet so addictive as a musical project. come on Mike... you have definitely got an Amarok II in you... we all need cheering up my friend.
Profile PM 
Balbulus Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 11:17

Hey, MyCoalField, I love your username! I've been planning to record some Metal covers of Oldfield tracks under the name My Cold Field. One day I'll get round to doing it...
Profile PM 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 17:28

Would certainly love to hear that. Metallica meets Mike Oldfield ... I think you have found a niche. I think a metal version of Crises would be a great place to start.
Profile PM 
Balbulus Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 17:37

Hmm, Crises could be a bit ambitious maybe. I do a mean Thrash/Punk version of the first section of Tubular Bells, plus the start of Ommadawn part 2 would sound awesome as a crushing Doom Metal piece.

I have a couple of musical projects that need attention first, but I aim to get round to it over the next year or so. Watch this space!

Anyway, back to the thread... :D
Profile PM 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 18:20

yeah, we went a bit off track there but an interesting chat. good luck with your projects.  :cool:
Profile PM 
DelfĂ­n Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 19:27

I agree. Good idea, to start an album with metal versions of Mike's themes. Why don't you open a new thread for suggestions or ideas?? I promise to support you.

By the way... why not a nice hard rock version of semi-hard rock songs like 'Five Miles Out', 'Poison Arrows', 'Holy'... and... what about something original and unexpected on 'Blue Night', Man in the Rain' or 'Jungle Gardenia'???

Just ideas... :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2009, 20:53

- the Linux MP3 player named Amarok
- hearing "hello everyone"
Profile PM 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2009, 18:09

Happy ?   aha ha ha ha
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 09:43

regarding the user name MyCoalField and related puns,i know someone who was friends with someone who workeed at Staverton airfield where Mike used to keep his aeroplane.When he switched to helicopters he earned the nickname Mike Oilfield due to the ammount of time (and therefore fuel)he used to spend flying. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 18:11

Quote (The Caveman @ Oct. 06 2009, 15:43)
regarding the user name MyCoalField and related puns...

In 2006 I briefly played piano for a Mike Oldfield cover band from Pescara, where I live, who called themselves My Cold Field (@ Balbulus: don't worry - they broke up! :D) And some time ago I downloaded some stuff by an Hungarian rock band, who did both M.O. covers (I got "Shadow on the Wall") and M.O.-like originals. They called themselves My Goldfield. :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
35 replies since Feb. 01 2008, 01:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net