Hello Oldfield enthusiasts...

AMAROK  -  THE ORCHESTRAL

Amarok - The Orchestral - Tommes (mp3)

https://rapidgator.net/file....p3.html

CD-Artwork:

https://rapidgator.net/file....ip.html

You can listen to it at Youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-u6o9FcnQ

I want to say very much Thanks to Forum-member Ryan Yard who sent me a fantastic well done Full Band Score
of "Amarok" which helped me very much to get a good Orchestral Arrangement.

And my Thanks are going to my friends Lara, Carina and Achim - they and me did the Vocals on this Album.
It was not possible to get an African Choir because of a little tiny, but not in Music interested
Lifeform on this Planet.

At the End in the last Section a little Surprise, additionally some Vocal Samples (instead of Margaret Thatcher)
by an old, narcistic and stupid Person with the most dangerous Hairdo in this Universe...

All Instruments, producing, mixing and mastering by me.

There is a CD-Artwork too.

Maybe this helps a little in this difficult times...

Greets Tommes.
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2023, 09:57

Wow, what a ride!!! Very different from the original, which takes a little bit of getting used to at first. And then, the fun begins... It had been some time since my last listen of Amarok, and your interpretation allowed me to rediscover this true masterpiece of a composition. I smiled, laughed, got shivers down my spine and even teared up a little (re., climax at the end). You must have put in hundreds of hours into this obvious work of heart. Well, congratulations on achieving such a great result, and many thanks for sharing it with us all!
BTW, absolutely loved the "little surprise" at the end. Someone should start printing and selling MMOGA caps and t-shirts!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 26 2023, 14:17

That is very ambitious! It has a more fluid quality to it, compared to the original.
One thing I find very impressive is the flute (!;) that replaces Mike's wha-wha guitar bits. Cover versions often have bits and pieces missing, but this is not the case here. I found myself thinking "oh, that's neat!" so many times. :)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
pauken Offline

Posted: May 30 2023, 16:24

I'm only 15 minutes in but am loving this!! You've managed to bring out even more how nutty, eccentric and brilliant this album is :)) Great work!
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: June 15 2023, 12:06

Having now listened to it multiple times in full, I want to congratulate you on taking on such an ambitious thing and then delivering such a great experience. You've really captured something, it's clear you've hand-played so much of it and that keeps it so real and human. Fantastic. I want to listen to it again now!
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 24 2023, 12:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net