Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok - another one sold, A friend of mine just ordered it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
familyjules Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 14 2010, 10:13

A work colleague of mine has just ordered Amarok from Amazon.  I can't wait to hear what he thinks of it.  I actually think it'll be his kind of thing as he likes challenging non-commercial artistic music.

I was trying to describe the album to him - no easy task!  I ended up sending him a link to the wiki page, which is a pretty good summation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarok_(album)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Herod Offline

Posted: June 14 2010, 10:25

I hope he'll like it! Personally, I've always thought that the last minute of "Amarok" is one of the demonstrations of the miracle of Life...

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: June 14 2010, 12:20

The signature acoustic part of AMAROK is brilliant(the part that begins the album and repeats about 2 times). If I could loop that for an hour I'd be happy with those parts alone!

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 14 2010, 10:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net