Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: All e-mail addresses down, Oops!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
NULL Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 07 2008, 11:43

All the contact addresses with the site (webmaster, news, contact etc) seem to be down and are bouncing. You might want to check into this.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 08 2008, 13:40

It just appears that way. They forward to several addresses (so that several of us can read them), and there's a problem with one of them, which is why messages appear to be bouncing - mails are still getting through to the rest of us, though.
Profile PM 
NULL Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2008, 13:50

Olivier let me know about this. It would appear to be a fault with the mail server software, which churns out pathetically twee and utterly useless errors (as they all do -- mail server developers appear to delight in it).

A message like "Your message was forwarded to multiple recipients at $domain; the following recipients however did not receive a copy:
{$address: $error }"

would make far more sense than the barf it spewed out. I don't know why mail server developers write such nonsense, as it's the ordinary public that get their eyeballs scorched.

Anyway, it's Mary whose address has somehow failed, and everyone else got my 1 MB+ mail several times (pipe samples relating to the confusion of the precise pipes used in Ommadawn). Not just because of the bounces, but my anti-virus messes up sending larger mails (triggers a timeout in Thunderbird) but they do send even when Thunderbird claims they didn't.

I need to stock back up on large trout .....
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 07 2008, 11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net