Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Albums that end with a tiny little stupid song< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2012, 05:52

Quote (Ugo @ May 25 2012, 23:46)
But I just don't agree with you about it being "a Mike Oldfield track" only because he added a bit of echo (or whatever) to a pre-existing song.

That is not the reason I gave though:

Quote (Holger @ May 25 2012, 11:37)
It is a "Mike Oldfield track" insofar as it is fully incorporated into one of his works and serves a purpose there - to provide contrast to what came before.

Sir Mustapha explained it pretty well for me. Art is a constant exchange of ideas, nothing strange about that IMO.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 26 2012, 10:25

Quote (Olivier @ May 25 2012, 22:41)
There is also Handel's sarabande he doesn't give credit for in Women of Ireland. I don't approve, his track is made of 2 covers, and he credits the whole thing as one trad. soup he arranged, very disrespectful. I would be the ghost of Handel past, I'd do something about it.

Oh, for a Family Guy-style cutaway...  Get Ghost Handel on on the case!  Motto:  "You want the truth?  You can't Handel the truth... but we can!  Call 555-..."

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 14 2012, 19:22

Sally could almost have made it to the list but he put it, well he tried to put it, in the middle of the album.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: June 15 2012, 05:33

Relevant to the discussion:

Monty Python's "Matching Tie & Handkerchief" album has a whole hidden side on the disc. On 1 side there are 2 tracks, the needle can fall on 1 or the other when played.
Profile PM 
23 replies since May 18 2012, 22:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net