Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Album Most Enhanced by WatchingC, The Official Videos< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 03 2017, 05:47

I'm currently in the process of buying the bonus editions of some of Mike's albums; and even though Islands, I believe, isn't about to be re-released with bonus material in the near future, thinking about it made me realise that it is the one album that I most enjoy by looking at the official videos for the tracks. "The Wind Chimes", both Parts 1 and 2, are a kaleidoscope of astonishing and suggestive visual images; and I also enjoy the videos of "The Time has Come", the title track, and also "Flying Start". It would be great if any bonus issue of the CD came with these videos.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2017, 08:35

Not sure it's going to happen, but on the face of it Islands has possibly the most material to make a substantial box set.

Off top of head, stuff already out there:

Full Video Album
Islands - Extended
Flying Start - Extended
Magic Touch - Alternative Vocal
Assorted B Sides, plus Shine (normal & extended) & Pictures in the Dark.

That's already getting on for 2 hours of bonus content.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2017, 19:07

Somehow, despite my great enthusiasm for Mike's music, I've only just learned of the existence of "Shine"! I've just listened to it, and what a great guitar solo. I can't help thinking how terrific it would sound if sung by Mike himself - the sort of vocals he does on "Heaven's Open".
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2017, 07:13

I love Shine, and like you say the guitar solo is wonderful :) I also think The Wind Chimes would be amazing in 5.1 surround. I really hope Mike's releases it.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2018, 21:36

The Islands videos have some great visual images. I think my favourite is the opening of the "Islands" song itself, with the lighthouse, the oboe, and the oboe melody.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 03 2017, 05:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net