Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Album and Single Malt< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
GMOVJ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 06:02

In another topic, I talk about drinking a single malt listening to Amarok.
Well, speyside recommand Laphroaig, TimHighfield would like some non alcoholic drink, and Korgscrew recommand Guiness (hmmm god, i must try it with Amarok !!!). So it make me write my list down !
Some drinks - different for each one, alcoholic or not - can stand perfectly with Mike's music. It's very enjoyable to rest, listening to music, drinking slowly something you like...
Here is my list, centered on Single Malts, because tasting - tasting, not drinkink right ? - a single malt is exactly like listening to mike's music : a pure moment of personal pleasure.

Some album are not there, because I never tried them with single malt, or some other simply don't stand with Single Malt (eg, imho Platinum is best with some Vodka).

Tubular Bells : Talisker (Skye)
Hergest Ridge : Laphroaig 10 (Islay)
The Orchestral Tubular Bells : Inchgower (Speyside)
Ommadawn : Balvenie Double Barrel (Speyside)
Incantations : Highland Park 16 (Orkney)
QE2 : Auchentoshan (Lowland) or Oban (Highlands)
Five Miles Out : Glenfiddich Ancient Reserve 18 (Speyside)
Discovery (The Lake) : Glen Livet 18 (Speyside)
Islands (TWC) : surprisingly an Highlands, Glen Morangie Madeira Finish (Speyside)
Amarok : Bowmore Darkest or Cask Strengh, Lagavullin (Islay)
Heaven's Open (MFTB) : Springbank 21 (Campbeltown)
Tubular Bells II : Dailuaine (Speyside)
The Songs Of Distant Earth : Bowmore Mariner 15 (Islay) or Oban (Highlands)
Voyager : Bushmill Malt 10 (yes Irish malt, definitively !)
Guitars : Springbank 21 (Campbelltown)

Don't drink too much, or you will not appreciate anything, nor music nor single malt. Two drink are enough for one night. And don't drink at all when you drive.

Does someone else have this kind of very special moment, where tasting and hearing are pleased in the same time ?

Cheers, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 06:26

TimHighfield would like some non alcoholic drink

Well, that's the only sort I can get away with wink. Despite the fact that I'm a walking Bacardi billboard.

I leave this topic to the over-18s.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 07:31

Tim, I can imagine that having an exotic fruit cocktail while listening to Islands by a sunny afternoon must be very cool too !
respect, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 07:40

I leave this topic to the over-18s.

And I come back again wink.

Great idea, GMOVJ!

Must try- tomorrow. 'Tis the evening now. And must get Islands first. So perhaps Crises will have to do instead. Who'd have thought- a topic devoted to which drink goes with which album? Next we'll have the full meal, dress code and serviette colour wink.

And now I disappear for a minute or so, until a new post comes up.

Enjoy,

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 13:58

My favourite drink - by far - is tea. I promise I'll come up with a tea list but I'll need some time to think about it. Great topic, BTW!
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2001, 18:11

My favourite tea, by far, is lapsang souchong. I'd listen to probably everything drinking this (well, I'd probably have to make a few more cups if it's something like Amarok wink).

But for other people, the music that would go with lapsang souchong... Well, the tea has got a "bonfire"-like taste, and so conjures up images of being outside. I think that it would go well with Hergest Ridge, as that is an outsidey album with an outsidey cover, and the two might go together.

Maybe, really I was just looking for a way of mentioning lapsang souchong. Because I don't like coffee, but I like teas, and I ride home through a westerly breeze, and so I like out of all these, a fresh hot cuppa.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Feb. 14 2001, 06:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net