Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Adventures on the High Teas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 06 2009, 16:00

Stuart Maconie's new book, Adventures on the High Teas: In search of middle England, includes a section discussing Mike Oldfield, as Maconie travels to Hergest Ridge.

The book is available now at Amazon.co.uk

Thanks, David Collopy
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 10 2009, 16:50

Interesting. Are there any details on how big this section is?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 14:32

I've just started reading this book. I really like Stuart Maconie and the books a good read so far. I flicked through and found the bit with Mike which is actually quite big, about 3 or 4 pages worth. Basically SM is big Mike fan particularly of Hergest Ridge so he goes to the actual ridge and climbs it and asks locals about what they know of Mike and the album. Its a strangely random inclusion in the book but SM compares Mike to Vaughan Williams and his pastoral symphonic works and wonders how much of Mike's complaint that the England of his youth is gone and his other complaints about England have any validity. Its kind of what part of the book is about in general, seeing the past and England through rose tinted spectacles and all that.
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 06 2009, 16:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net