Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Additional vocalists, (Co-lead and backing)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 07:43

I have three questions about vocals on some songs:

1) Who is the second vocalist on "Flying start"? i.e. who sings 'two dark eyes from the doorway shine, so you lost your dream' (before Mr Ayers joins in again with 'in a bottle of wine'...), and then 'I knew you had to do it your way, fine, but there's none to carry the cross this time' ? Mike mimes these lines on the video, but it's almost certainly not his voice, since it lacks his typical screaming/hysterical quality :). I have a vague feeling it may be either Max Bacon or an uncredited-anywhere-on-the-cover Barry Palmer. Can anyone confirm this?

2) Who sings backing vocals on "Flying start" and "Magic touch" ? Again, it looks like no-one's credited for them.

3) Who harmonizes with Bonnie Tyler on "Islands" ? It's probably Bonnie herself on the chorus, but the 'higher' right after Bonnie's 'higher' (and right before the chorus) definitely belongs to another voice, at least to my own ears.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 15:35

I'd have to consult what information I've got written down to answer some of this but in instances 1 and 3, I believe it is Max Bacon (he sings on the left hand side during the chorus of Islands, Bonnie Tyler on the right, if I remember correctly).
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2004, 15:23

Ugo, I think it's Mike who sings the backing vocals at Flying Start... sounds almost the same as them in 'Hostage' although I neither know who does them in both songs.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 18:58

@ Delfín - Mike does the backing vocals in "Hostage". Regarding FS and MT (both of which I've re-played very recently), I may be crazy but I hear a woman. Anita again? :) :)

@ Korgscrew - You're perfectly right about "Islands": distinctly male voice (Max Bacon?) on the left, distinctly female voice (Bonnie Tyler) on the right. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since Feb. 07 2003, 07:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net