Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A video for Ommadawn, ideas...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
clubbedougan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 22 2003, 11:43

I have recently purchased a Canon XM1 Camera for myself and was hoping to do some small-time videos with it. One project in particular I wanted to try was making a video for Ommadaw(part 1), clearly this would only be for myself and wouldn't be distributed.
I have some good ideas with snow and such as I believe the song works with that. Has anyone got an idea for such a video?

Thanks,

Michael.

--------------
Where will we go when we grow old?
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2003, 14:10

how about some nice sunrise,sunset shots of the ocean, some starlit nights, early morning dew, frosted grass, forests at dusk etc, these are all things that ommadawn remind me of! hope its helped!  ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Watcher of the skies Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2003, 05:38

when i listen to many folk moments from Ommadawn I i imagine a farm,children playing,old people smilling,but later while the more dark mood is starting i think of dark forest,propably haunted...there is so many ways how to make the video for it,trust your imagination

--------------
Hillmen are swore of allegiance
living a live of silent dignity
for your protection
only so you don't worry...
your pretty little head!
Profile PM 
clubbedougan Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2003, 08:56

Thanks guys. I too have those dark images as the music begins to turn and spiral into the climax at the end. Im hoping to start work on it tomorrow of all days, I'll keep you posted.

Mike.

--------------
Where will we go when we grow old?
Profile PM 
natertb Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 14:46

Hi, clubbedougan.

I am trying to create a video for Ommadawn also. My videos mostly have strange storylines. I have no ideas yet for Part One, but I have an idea for Part Two.

A man is living in the city, but he can't stand the noise and clatter (accordion and electric guitars). So he moves out to the country and finally gets peace (acoustic guitar and bagpipe). Then he realizes that the country is too quiet for him and decides to move to a bumpkin town (acoustic bass). There he lives happily ever after.

As you may have noticed, I left out On Horseback, only because I never thought of is as part of Part Two, even though my record includes it in the track time. Whaddyathink?

--------------
Waiting hour by hour...
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 14:49

Just about five minutes ago, I found this site.

http://www.palestars.com/2003/10/09/ommadawn/

It has an entire story based on Side 1 on it.

It starts : Once upon a time in a lush green land lived a young girl who found herself outdoors walking through tall, dew-soaked grass in the soft, not-quite-light of pre-dawn. As she wandered her way up and down low hills, she came upon a ghostly merry-go-round spinning in absolute silence with no riders on the horses and no passengers in the seats....

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
farabovetheclouds Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 15:17

Excellent idea to create a visual interpretation of Ommadawn! Let us know how it goes, i would love to see it sometime. I might do something similar for my experimental video unit at college :)
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 22 2003, 11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net