Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A singer (and not only a singer) who is not mentioned< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
alex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 20 2002, 09:53

At the end of 2001 there appeared a "new edition" ( if I can name it so ) of 4CD box 'Elements'. Well I made an interesting discovery- in the booklet there are photographs of all records that Mike made for Virgin and under them there are written names of all the artists that took part in making these records...And A.Hegerland is not mentioned neither among artists that were makig Islands, nor among those that were making Earth Moving...
Does anybody know why?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 20 2002, 21:44

I remember hearing that Mike didn't want any songs with Anita on the compilation, for what I'd assume were personal reasons.
The same may extend to mentions of her in the booklet - not even the booklet notes mention her (Pictures in the Dark, for example is said to be "With singers including Barry Palmer and 15-year-old boy soprano Aled Jones", completely glossing over the fact that Anita sang the lead vocals on it).
I would guess that it probably had something to do with Mike and Anita's relationship, but guess is all I could really do on this one.
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2002, 00:57

Thank you very much. I suspected that the reason had something to do with Their ( the letter T is not a mistake...) relationship...
Profile PM 
Mike Chadwick Offline

Posted: July 20 2003, 14:46

yes

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 20 2003, 15:07

Why do I suspect that someone is just trying to bump up their post count?  :p
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: July 24 2003, 01:59

This may sound an odd question but I ask as I don't know the answer myself.

If Anita objected to not being credited, could she complain under Trade Descriptions or something similar and insist on being mentioned, presumably resulting in the withdrawal of all current copies off the shelves and maybe even sue?

Or am I being a tad extreme and does the main artist always have the final say?

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 25 2003, 11:03

The 'Elements' booklet (old and new edition) only credits the artists who are credited on the various CDs for making all of the respective albums, i.e. the ones who produced, engineered, mixed and played on all songs. IIRC Anita sang on two songs from Islands and one from Islands, and she is regularily credited as a vocalist for those songs in the CD booklets, both the old and the new (remastered CDs) ones. But, of course, since she didn't collaborate to all of the songs, she's not present in the main credits of the CDs, which is just what's reproduced in the 'Elements' booklet. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 25 2003, 15:14

I hate to contradict, but that's not true.

The other vocalists on Islands are all credited, and most of them appear on less tracks than Anita. Likewise with the other albums listed in the booklet - a lot of the musicians and vocalists credited only feature on one track of a particular album, but they still get the credit.

I'm not sure that, in this particular case, Anita would have much comeback, though she'd have a right to be annoyed...
There'd be a stronger case if the album was being sold on the strength of her name but didn't actually feature her.

The fact that she's not mentioned in the credits for either Islands or Earth Moving does make it seem like something's being hidden...

Of course, I believe that Anita does backing vocals on Magic Touch, so in fact she does appear on one song in the set...
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2006, 13:08

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 25 2003, 15:14)
Of course, I believe that Anita does backing vocals on Magic Touch, so in fact she does appear on one song in the set...

Anita Hegerland also sings backing vocals on Flying Start.  :)  :)

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
8 replies since Feb. 20 2002, 09:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net