[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Newbie MusicVR, Lets interact online?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Heaven Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 16:18

Hello All.

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle.

I have just downloaded Tres Lunas and Maestro. I would like to interact with online players but I am not sure if I have a system error.  Can someone advise me how to connect please? I am very familiar with technology being a Engineer myself but I have tried reading the notes at the beginning of the game under Avatar but to no avail.

Does or has Mike Oldfield ever joined players online?

Take Care,

Heaven

--------------
~Only in a blue night
He comes to her only in the Blue night
That's when the whole night belongs to her
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 18:28

Hello, Heaven, and welcome here. To connect with other players you either have to host a game (it's indifferent if you host a game of Tr3s Lunas or Maestro) or join one. If you decide to host a game, you need your IP number and you have to post your IP here (in the Tr3s Lunas Live forum, i.e. here, or in the Maestro Live forum, i.e. here); this way, other players can connect to the game you are hosting. If you wish to join a game that someone else is hosting, you have to visit one of the above forums and note down the host's IP, so you can enter it in the game when prompted. Usually, if someone is hosting a game, his post announcing it appears among the "New Posts", so you can see it immediately if you click on the "New Posts" link.

Hope this helps. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 18:34

Hi Ugo

Thank you so much for your reply. I dearly appreciate it. Have a wonderful evening. Heaven X

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 18:35

You're welcome. ;) :cool: By the way, Mike did occasionally join online players in the early days of Tr3s Lunas. Later on, he lost interest in the game. As far as I know, he never joined any Maestro games.

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 01:22

Hello and Welcome :)

A new online player, sounds like Heaven :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 07:34

Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 13 2010, 18:35)
As far as I know, he never joined any Maestro games.

I seem to remember someone saying, Ugo, that the only way that the entrance to Mike's World was discovered was that MO himself told an online player the secret (despite the fact that, in retrospect, its location was bleeding obvious, as Wiga might say!;).
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 08:45

Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 14 2010, 12:34)
its location was bleeding obvious, as Wiga might say!;).

Mike said that?

He's a bleeding nAtter. :p

Hi heaven - must be missing an angel.  :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 09:30

@ Nightspore: as I've probably said some few million times in here, I've never played Maestro - and of course I've never played a Maestro game online - so I don't know whether Mike ever joined it. As for Mike being a nutter, or a mad hatter :laugh:, well, thet's really no news. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 10:41

It's not nUtter - it's nAtter.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 13:35

@ Wiga: yes, but I understood "nAtter" to be a portmanteau word comprising "nutter" and "(mad) hatter". Is there some other meaning? :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 13:55

Hi all! Thank you for the messages!

I also noticed www.mikeoldfield.com doesn't exist, there's so much potential in these games bringing to the iphone and ipad. I was so excited when I found out about the interactive game I had to try it!

I'm struggling with the game's objective perhaps there isn't an objective and it's all free roaming maybe that's the whole point!?

You're all my angel guys! X

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 14:05

If you are talking about Tr3s Lunas, yes, the whole thing is mostly about exploring the landscape and playing some games within it. The main game you may play within Tr3s Lunas is the Ring Game: there are 7 golden rings scattered through the game, collecting them all brings positive changes to the land. However, you may find all the information you need in the Tr3s Lunas Guide, and, if you want, in the Maestro Guide.

--------------
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 14:22

Thank you wise Ugo.  

Wonderful!

Unfortunately I'm clicking on the snake too often! I've beautiful golden rings and I'll give it another go tonight!  :)

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 14:35

The snakes on Turtle Islands... well, there are 2. The white one is the good one, and it leads you to the dolphins game. Once you're there, you have two choices: 1) play the full game (i.e. shoot 10 rings on the noses of 10 dophins) or 2) shoot the static dolphin (the dolphin avatar, you can easily recognize it) with a ring. In both cases, a manta ray will take you back to the mainland. Once you're there, look out for the horses when you hear a choir singing. Touch them and enjoy a really beautiful musical sequence, at the end of which you shall find Ring 5 on Mantis Island. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 14:46

Ugo that sounds amazing! Only seen those pesty red snakes but I get so excited one I starting hearing music! I've been taking notes and perhaps try it tonight thank you!

I'm using the game on a windows simulator on a Mac, It's not running as smoothly as I'd like but it sounds incredible.

I'm thrilled that I've found a forum where I can have fun and great banter, with wonderful helpful people online!

Thank you Ugo!

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 17:29

I'm falling in love with Tr3s Lunas! Just discovered the owl and the snowy forrest. The music is simply beautiful!

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 17:53

despite it's age and what now seems like poor graphics, Mike spent a fortune and a lot of time on these games - and all for 4 very little return. Just to prove he could I think.

But I've loved them from day 1, still drop in occasionally. And my (now 16yr old) son once beat Mike in a race around Maestro when we were all on-line many years ago. Now my 6 yr old is exploring the worlds. I think she's hoping to find SpongeBob in there somewhere, but WTF, she's hearing that wonderful music!

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Heaven Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 19:32

Quote (olracUK @ Dec. 14 2010, 17:53)
despite it's age and what now seems like poor graphics, Mike spent a fortune and a lot of time on these games - and all for 4 very little return. Just to prove he could I think.

But I've loved them from day 1, still drop in occasionally. And my (now 16yr old) son once beat Mike in a race around Maestro when we were all on-line many years ago. Now my 6 yr old is exploring the worlds. I think she's hoping to find SpongeBob in there somewhere, but WTF, she's hearing that wonderful music!

OlracUK,  I'm blown away you all were online playing with Mike? OK, sad face now.  What a privilage. If I could request something before I die, it would be to play Mike online and just say hello in Messenger.

That's an incredible story.  Very magical. Mike seems very giving.

Your 6 year old sounds adorable, what a wonderful story. X

--------------
~Only in a blue night
Only in the blue night~
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 21:47

Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 14 2010, 09:30)
@ Nightspore: as I've probably said some few million times in here, I've never played Maestro - and of course I've never played a Maestro game online - so I don't know whether Mike ever joined it.

I know, Ugo, but your last expressed opinion - casting doubt on Mike's ever having played Maestro - flew in the face of that.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 21:51

Quote (wiga @ Dec. 14 2010, 08:45)
Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 14 2010, 12:34)
its location was bleeding obvious, as Wiga might say!;).

Mike said that?

He's a bleeding nAtter. :p

Hi heaven - must be missing an angel.  :)

No, Wiga, I did.
Profile PM 
21 replies since Dec. 13 2010, 16:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net