Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: a new topic< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
liron Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 04 2000, 03:28

hey there, not long ago i started a topic in the MB. it's called "is mike oldfield dead?" and as you can see it raised a lot of reaction. you can read it (if you have'nt done that yet), but what it says generaly is that mike is dead since '79. you can agree with that or hate me for even suggeting the idea, but i think that at best it asks critical questions about mike's developed musical style, and if it's not doing that, at least there are some funny remarks.

i think you should have a place (and not on the MB topic) where you can talk about it. i also think it will be a great turn on for people to come to the "tubular forums" in general. a great "gimmik" if you'd like.

if you do decide to create a new topic as i suggested, i would be glad if you'd transfer all the data that's in the MB topic concerning "is mike oldfield dead?" (that is, all the ideas and comments in the topic.
thanx anyway.
and remember:
sureal and weired is'nt bad, it's what makes amarok tick!

(great place you built here by the way)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 04 2000, 09:02

Done.

If you find a better title and/or forum suggestion, let me know. Have fun.
Profile PM 
Lonergan Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2000, 10:58

I'm so happy to have discovered this site. Thanks a lot Olivier for your efforts. I'm sure many many fans are thankful to you.
Liron: You're topic on the "death" of Mike is very interesting... did you see that message from an unregistered Mike Oldfield? Could it be him? Or an angry fan?
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 19 2000, 17:00

It can't be himself. The English is too bad.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Lonergan Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2000, 09:39

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a page where we could select any MO album, give our opinion and see all the others...?

It's still a great site!
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 20 2000, 11:24

Yes, it's on my to-do list. It will be in the discography section. You'll be able to rate the albums and post your comments. A bit like amazon.com.

Or should I use these forums (easier to set up for me) and have a forum for each album? If I use the forum, we cannot rate the albums, that's the only problem.

[This message has been edited by Olivier (edited 01-20-2000).]
Profile PM 
Lonergan Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2000, 10:34

I think the first suggestion would be fine...
I'm looking forward to it!
Profile PM 
6 replies since Jan. 04 2000, 03:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net