Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A few mysteries within the game< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 05 2012, 19:21

I've just finished playing Tr3s Lunas for a while, on my own (shame... I had my connection open hoping that someone would come, but no one did...  :/) and I couldn't help noticing a few little mysteries, that, in spite of all our efforts to understand the game and the way it works, are still unsolved. I'll list them here.

1. When you go to the temple to collect a ring, you always find some objects in the bottom-left corner. Sometimes it's a fixed ring, sometimes it's a stone, sometimes it's a chalice laying on the ground (instead of being upright). Do any of these objects have any significance? And does the fact that the temple is always broken down and derelict, no matter how many rings you're owning, have any significance?

2. Between the Origin cactus and the ring tree (the one with the apples), there are three coloured stones with a ring within them: an orange stone, a blue/purple stone and a green stone. If you get near them nothing happens, you can't grab them and you can't grab the rings within them. Do they have any purpose, or, like so many other things in the game, are they just ornaments?

3. Where (on what planet) is the game actually set? When I first started playing it, more than 7 years ago, I thought that it was set on Earth - I thought it depicted some exotic fantasy land which someone built here on Earth, as it's got lots of physical recognizable landmarks. But then, after playing for a while, I started to reconsider this opinion, and now I have some real doubts. If the game is set on Earth, then why does the planet that's supposed to be Earth have craters? You can clearly see this when you come back to "Earth" from either of the two sequences which are set in outer space - the Space Arrow sequence and the Pegasus sequence. When you start coming back towards the main 3L island, you can very easily see that the land you're flying on has got lots and lots of craters, very like the Moon. Earth doesn't have such craters anywhere. :) This made me think that the game is not set on Earth - it's set in another galaxy, perhaps in another solar system which features a group of planets which look vaguely similar to the planets in our own system - including a planet which looks like Earth, but it's got craters. What do you all think about this?

4. When you come back from the Space Arrow sequence, you encounter a group of lit-up sprites which seem to be there for absolutely no reason at all, because, as all good 3L players in here know ;), to end the sequence you have to fly into the upward stream of roses which arises somewhere in the middle of the sprites, and you don't have to do anything with the sprites themselves. Indeed, it seems you can't do anything with the sprites. Again, are they just ornaments?

5. Mike said that the game is called Tr3s Lunas because he went to a restaurant (in Ibiza?) called Las Dos Lunas, and then he called the game Tr3s Lunas because there are three moons in the game. Can anyone explain me where are the three moons he was referring to? In all my years of playing the game, I've always seen just one moon. Where are the other two? Do the ghostly images of moons within trees, scattered through the land, actually count as proper moons?

I look forward to your replies...................................................................................

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2012, 16:30

Ugo... speaking about mysteries, this is what I got this evening.. Wanted to try a different sequence to get the rings and this is what I did:
1. Ring tree
2. Spikey balls game
3. Shell
4. Crab
5. Piano game

When I entered this last game, I did it with the firebeing, it didn't dissapeared, so I went and picked up the piano to start the game, but the music didn't start and I realised I was free from barriers.. I've been wandering around the outer space.. to the spaceship, the ringed planet, the daliphant...

I've posted an album at Facebook

:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2012, 18:38

@ Maria: I just tried the above sequence, and it's cool. :) However, I think you were a little unclear on what happened during the piano game. Did you mean to say that you were still riding your firebird (or firebeing, call it as you like best! :p) while playing with the piano... rather than playing the piano? :D Or did you find your bird back there in the main land, waiting for you, when you finished the game? If the latter happened, that's normal - avatars get parked when you go into a game with one. But if the former happened, that's indeed weird - your avatar, whatever it is, is indeed supposed to disappear when you go into a game, because the game's main object becomes your avatar (in the case of the piano game, the piano is your avatar - rather easy to drive, I have to say. :cool:). But if you managed to play the piano game while still driving (or riding) the avatar you picked before, well, then you managed to exploit the n-th bug in the game that we didn't know about until now. Another mystery to add to my list. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2012, 02:35

I was flying the firebeing all the way through getting the rings and when, in the fifth place, I triggered the piano one (by getting close to it with the firebeing), I entered the game with the firebeing (instead of getting parked outside like it normally happens when starting a game) and with no piano sequence music, however the pianos were as usual by the gate waiting to be hit and also the piano avatar. Then I got close to it and the firebeing only disappeared as I got hold by the piano, then I was in that wonderful n-th bug :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Spoself Offline

Posted: Jan. 19 2022, 06:10

If you pay attention, you can easily notice that a huge number of people play video games. Therefore, it is worth talking about the site https://askboosters.com/ because here you can always easily upgrade your game account and make it as productive as possible.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2022, 00:14

"Spam" from "Spoself"? Well, if you assume Mike Oldfield identifies with the letter O (as he does), O = am, and we get "Spam self" :O  :laugh:
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 05 2012, 19:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net