Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A doodle of mine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 02 2006, 17:56

It's not like the wonderful computer generated images I have seen shown here lately, it's just something that I drew whilst listening to some music.

Any comments would be appreciated. I'd really like to do more, but not sure if anyone would want them.

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2006, 18:21

Wow,  thats intricate Bee.

R  :)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 03:09

Quote (bee @ Nov. 02 2006, 22:56)
Any comments would be appreciated. I'd really like to do more, but not sure if anyone would want them.

That's a really interesting image! I'd very much like to see it at full scale - could you upload a bigger version, bee?

And could you tell us what the music was? And can you tell us anything about what was in your mind as you were drawing? And please will you show us some more?
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 06:55

it is fantastic Bee  ;)
i love it....

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 14:31

:O

It's really beautiful!!!!!!!  :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 15:11

Quote (Alan D @ Nov. 03 2006, 08:09)
........... what was in your mind as you were drawing?

or in your blood stream .....?!!

Only Joking.!!

Ray   :D  :D    :D

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 18:54

Wow! :O

I think this is beautiful, Bee - really enigmatic! Any chance we can see a larger pic - I'm intrigued by some of the finer details!

:)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 20:41

Thankyou all for your kind comments. You don't know how difficult it was for me to get the courage to show that image. I may be able to put up some more but I have no scanner & I am reluctant to ask friends/family if I could use their help - so much explaining-what are you doing? why? when? what for? I just want to get on with it myself, once I have made the decision! (Daft really, I'll show people all over the world, that I don't really know, but I won't show people I see every day)

The quality of that image was poor because it was a photograph I took. Not sure if I can make it bigger.

In answer to your question Alan, at that time I was listening to Air a lot, Premiers Symptomes. It wasn't sloely that though, it could have been all kinds, but I remember getting obsessed by that album!

And to be honest I have no idea where these things come from - I start off with a few lines & it develops from there. I do not consciously think about it, it's a lot about feelings I guess. It just happens.

Thanks again,

bee  :)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2006, 04:18

Quote (bee @ Nov. 04 2006, 01:41)
You don't know how difficult it was for me to get the courage to show that image.

Actually I believe I do, having fought many similar battles with myself over the years - but all I can say is that your fears are misleading you. That image is both fascinating and first-rate, and truly you need have no concerns about showing it. I'm really glad you decided to show us. Thank you.

Your description of 'not consciously thinking about it' explains I suspect what gives it its haunting quality - like all good surrealist works, it draws its power from the artist's subconscious, and stimulates the observer's. That directness of action - from one mind to another, with minimal interference from rational thought - is why they seem to haunt us so strangely, I suppose.

Perhaps you owe it to the world to get a scanner so you can post such things in higher quality ......
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2006, 15:41

I love it. I love how, despite its intricacy, it flows smoothly in a deep stream of water coming out of a cave..  I see how Casanova 70 or J'ai dormi sous l'eau may be in the background of this piece of artwork.
Yes.. Air's music is perfect to loose mind and let the hands express what is far down..

Thanks a lot for sharing this image, bee. I do hope we'll have the chance to see more of your art.

------------------------
Btw. now that u mention Air.. did u know J.B. Dunckel has released a solo album under the name of Darkel? I've listened to some of the 10 new tracks and so far, I prefer what he's done together with Godin, but well, it's interesting anyway. Here u are a couple of links in case u want to have a look:
www.darkel.info
darkel at myspace.com

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2006, 03:46

Bee, I have to say that your "doodle" is something I found incredibly beautiful in a mystical sort of way. Being someone who wants to be analyst in future, I could go into all sorts of detail on your piece, but that would be reading too deep into it.

I think that you would find a buyer for that sort of an intricate piece. In ways, it reminds me of the works of Pablo Picasso. I like the way how the picture of the river flowing into the horizon is actually surrounded by very interesting sculptures around the sides. It vaguely reminded me of William Blake, mainly because I'm studying him at the moment.

Anyway, lovely work, Bee. I too hope that you can share more of your art with us. I thought it was beautiful.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2006, 18:31

Wow Bee that's amazing  :D ,
I think the first thought that came into my head was a cave, but the cave seems to have a slightly surreal air about it , all the detail is really intricate, I noticed leaves and flowers, also a face,this is where an enlargement would be interesting.

Do you have any more???  :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2006, 19:03

Well, Bee, technically you have a fine hand there. the small detail (what we can see from that photo), the hint of colour and the eye. As every one else has said - Well done and yes we do want more!

If you could also let us know what materials you used, and also how you feel about that image now. I know when I write, at the time I have no front conscious thought, but when I review it later my original feelings have changed.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2006, 17:15

BEE!!

THATS AWESOME!!

great job!!

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2006, 18:22

Hey, thanks people for saying more. It is really useful to hear other people's objective views on my picture thing.

To let you know, I often use pencil, coz I love it, the sound of it across the paper and it's versatility ofcourse - although this was drawn in ordinary ball point pen with a little coloured pencil.

I really wish I didn't have to go to work - I'd like to do this sort of thing all day, every day, but there it is and maybe I wouldn't need to do it if I could do it whenever I wanted if you see what I mean - I'm sure many of us feel the same way!

My thanks once again to you all, I really appreciate your replies.

:) Bee

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2006, 21:00

WOW Bee, it reminded me of my sisters artwork, she started out only using pencil and then technical pen which is what she used for most of the drawings I have shown on this site, and then she went on to oil but I think she found oil paints quite difficult to use and able to show less detail and she kind of lost interest in it then. If you like to work with pen then you should invest in some technical pens with an ink flow rather than a ball point pen, it will give you more ease of movement I think. Do you have any more? Can't wait to see them and would love to see this one on a larger scale in more detail. I got my scanner second hand for just $50. Look forward to seeing more, please don't be shy, this one is brilliant and unique.

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2006, 09:12

I also like it! You seem to be very talented. I've always wished to have talent, and to make drawings like this one, but I'm unable.

Quote (bee @ Nov. 02 2006, 23:56)
I'd really like to do more, but not sure if anyone would want them.

If you enjoy doing it, that's enough. And, as you see, we want to see more.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2006, 19:16

Here's another.

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2006, 19:29

and one more...

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2006, 03:45

Oh My God, I wish I could zoom in on these and explore all the details. They are absolutely brilliant. I love the wavy hair effect and the way everything intertwines etc. Thanks so very much for sharing.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
23 replies since Nov. 02 2006, 17:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net