Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A couple of Questions, Tubular Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 13:38

I noticed that to break the running in the Tubular Bells recording there are three silvery wobbly vertical lines that look suspiciously like mercury to me. Could this have been a hint of things to come for Mike or did they just morph into the triangular tubular bell iconic image?

I really loved the Tubular Bells excerpt, would have liked to have seen Part 2 as well. They all looked so commited to their art. Does anyone know who the guitarist opposite Mike was (wearing a cricket jumper) and who the one on Mike's left (with the rather fetching blue hat). My favourite bit is when, at about 17:40 Ithink, Mike shows a flash of pure emotion. He just looked so great throughout, so relaxed and so knowing. As if he just knew how good it was.

The other question I had was regarding the interview at the end. When was this? It didn't feel that recent, and where was it? Not sure if it was the UK? Good to see him looking so happy and at ease.   :)  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 13:54

Quote (bee @ Aug. 28 2005, 20:38)
The other question I had was regarding the interview at the end. When was this? It didn't feel that recent, and where was it? Not sure if it was the UK? Good to see him looking so happy and at ease.   :)  :)

I've always presumed the interview is from around the time when the original VHS of Elements was released, so I'd presume it's from '92-'93.
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 14:42

Quote (Sysiyo @ Aug. 28 2005, 19:54)
Quote (bee @ Aug. 28 2005, 20:38)

I've always presumed the interview is from around the time when the original VHS of Elements was released, so I'd presume it's from '92-'93.

Yes, that was when Mike lived in the US for a short time. Was it LA? I'm not sure.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 15:26

Yes, it was filmed in LA, where he'd made some of TB2.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2005, 18:23

Thank you all. Hard to believe that was 13 years ago.

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
4 replies since Aug. 28 2005, 13:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net