Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Song of the Boatman, From TSODE?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 26 2009, 04:05

I found a piece on youtube called The Song of the Boatman. Don't remember hearing it before. Video looks like part of TSODE but I can't see it listed as being part of that album. Anyone know what this is? Sorry if this has come up before but I couldn't find a reference to is in searching the forums or videos here.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 26 2009, 04:53

I think it was on one of the singles from TSODE.I may be wrong as i don't own it but i remember it being discussed here before.There's my little play about on youtube sorted at the end of today's shift decided then  :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2009, 20:47

What a terrific video for a terrific MO piece - thanks for posting it, Matt. And what a pleasure to see futuristic imagery being presented so positively!

The video reminds me of the MVR games. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are cometars in the video at one point, aren't there?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 06:42

Yes, it's a b-side from the Hibernaculum single; there's another one on there, too, "The Spectral Army".
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 09:04

Just watched/listened to it.That is truly beautifull!Made my lunch break so much nicer-even if only for 2.49 minutes!Thanks Matt. :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
TerribleTheuns Offline

Posted: May 08 2018, 07:22

Speaking of... Is it me or does 'Song of the Boatmen' and 'Moonshine' from Man on the Rocks have exactly the same melody? :O
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: June 21 2018, 19:22

It’s not just you. Moonshine (still confusing) is definitely reworked from portions of Boatmen.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Oct. 26 2009, 04:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net