Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Live at Carneige Hall cd, Bootleg rip off< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hergest fridge Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2018, 07:16

Hi, looking at the Amazon website a few weeks ago I noticed that they were advertising a live cd of Mike playing at Carneige Hall in 1993.
so I thought I'd buy it.
So it turns up Friday and low and behold it's not what's advertised, it is in fact just a CD copy of the Edinburgh castle TB 2 gig.
My suspicions should have been raised with the front cover which has a picture from horse guards on it.
So just be aware Amazon are selling this and it's not what it says it is.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2018, 18:11

It sounds like your epigraph "welcomes waiting we,ll be celebrating when your down and braking" is a statement of Amazon policy  :D
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2018, 14:43

Quote (nightspore @ Nov. 04 2018, 18:11)
It sounds like your epigraph "welcomes waiting we,ll be celebrating when your down and braking" is a statement of Amazon policy  :D

Oops spelt Carnegie wrong!!
Don't get what you find funny in your reply, but I was only trying to make people aware of something that is being advertised and sold incorrectly. Won't bother again.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2018, 02:27

Ha ha, I've just been given the cold shoulder by a fridge (Smeg!!;)  :laugh:  Seriously, I apologize if I offended you. Please don't leave the forum... it's almost dead as it is. When I think of the strapping stalwarts of yore, like Ugo and Milander and Cavalier (Lost Version) - surely they haven't all lost interest in Mike's music?? Where are they? Gone, like Flowers Of the forest...
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2018, 18:21

This new bootleg is the radio broadcast of the Edinburgh gig. Not the official mixed soundtrack from the VHS/DVD.
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: July 21 2019, 18:09

There's another live broadcast from Live Then & Now (Katowice broadcast) to be released in August.

https://recordcollectormag.com/latest-news-11-7-19

It's now available for pre-order.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 23 2019, 01:49

Is that an official release or another bootleg? I do have this bootleg already, and while not the greatest quality, it would always be nice to have it in better quality.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 04 2018, 07:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net