Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sheetmusic, Free to download< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
L' Hollandais Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 13 2002, 03:41

I wanted to know where I can find sheetmusic or written music of Mike Oldfield's work on the net. I have found sheetmusic of JM Jarre on the net and now I wanted to play Mike Oldfield's music on my keyboard. So please if you can help me, give me some references!

Thanks in advance

--------------
L' Hollandais
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2002, 14:49

Hi there!

I have the original sheet music to MIKE OLDFIELD'S SINGLE, which was a rearrangement of one of the main themes from Tubular Bells (not the intro theme). I should be able to scan it in the next week or so and then i can email the scans to you if you want (i'd need your address, i'll check if its in your profile).

You can buy books of Tubular Bells II and III. There is also a piano book of the entire original Tubular Bells but is long out of print.

Check the links on this site for websites, or ask on the google news group.

Hope this helps, and do get back if you're interested in the scans.

Ollie, halfway through watching Delicatessen

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2002, 08:06

There's also a book called simply '10' that came out at the same time as Crises. I managed to find a copy many years ago and I gather it's real collectors item now. It's destinguished by the fact that for no apparant reason you get two pages of holiday snaps of Mike with his then young family, but there's an iteresting bio to go with it.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2002, 18:04

Hey Toby, could you tell me whats in that book? I've vaguely heard of it but haven't a clue about the music in it. Are they good transcriptions? Is there anyway you could get some page scans online? (You'd be more than welcome to Mike Oldfield's Single if you're interested)

Cheers

Ollie, pleased that he'll be going to see Sigur Ros in February

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2002, 14:20

Yeah I'll see what I can do Ollie, the book is in a box in my parents garage at the moment, I'll try and dig it out sometime over christmas and get some scans ran off. If I remember rightly the book contains a track or a section from all the albums up to and including Crises. As to the quality of the transcriptions I'm not sure because I must confess to not being able to read music, I only bought the book for the photo's and biography. The biography was written I think by music journalist Karl Dallas  and is a long interesting critical appraisal of Mike's first 10 years recording. I would type it out and post it here but it is very long and my typing is very slow so I don't know how practical it would be for me to do this, but I could probably scan it.

The photo's in the book are interesting and contain lots of pictures of Mike on holiday in various exotic locations with Sally his then wife and his kids who at the time were of course very young. There's also some behind the scenes pics of Mike's studio with Maggie Reilly, Simon Phillips and other Crises era musicians. Again I could scan them and maybe put them somewhere on this site if there's room?

But I'll get back to you when I find the book.

ps Ollie good to see a fellow Cure fan. Do you know if there are any plans to release an album again soon or has Robert Smith chucked the towel in for good?
Profile PM 
L' Hollandais Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2002, 01:22

For me it would be best to put up the scans online! But if that isn't possible, you'd better mail me to mailto: f.kamminga@bvh.nl since it can put up with bigger attachments than my hotmailaccount!  ;)

I hope to hear from you soon! Thanks in advance

--------------
L' Hollandais
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2002, 13:46

Once I find the book I'll tell you exactly what's on it, I also have the original TB book for piano and guitar which has David Bedfords interesting analysis of the album aswell. What I'll do is scan the biography from '10' and also the analysis from the TB book because they will be of interest to everyone. Maybe we could put them in the articles section of this site? It would be easier and fairer if I could find somone who had a site (maybe this one?) who would put up the pages for all to see. There are a lot of pages to scan so it could take a while but I'll see what I can do. First of all I need to get my scanner working......
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2002, 16:15

Quote (TOBY @ Dec. 16 2002, 14:20)
ps Ollie good to see a fellow Cure fan. Do you know if there are any plans to release an album again soon or has Robert Smith chucked the towel in for good?

afaik the recording of a new album is dated for april 2003, and its release for september 2003, but nothing definite yet...
robert smith may be thinking about keep on working with the whole band...
last november they've been playing in brussels, hamburg and berlin...

i have to say that i hope they keep on working together... great band... i saw them in 1989 in madrid, disintegration tour and i still recall clearly them playing 'a forest' along fifteen minutes... amazing...

here u've got a link to a web with a lot of stuff about them, hope the link works :)
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cure/

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2002, 17:42

Thanks for that Maria I'll look forward to it. Sorry we haven't met up in MVR yet I've been a bit busy in the evenings recently but I promise to see you there soon.
Profile PM 
Carl
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 14:06

I have the complete partitur of David Bedford´s orchestra arrangement of Tubular Bells as published on CD. It is a very large book, copies are very difficult to make, but it is the most authentic document of MO´s music. Please mail if interested.  tb.20.4me@spamgourmet.com
Happy new year 2003!
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2003, 15:43

Apparently Robert Smith is in the studio as we speak mixing his new album. Don't know if it'll be a solo record of a Cure record, but he's already said that it'll have all the Cure guys playing on it anyway - so I guess that it'll be released as a Cure album.

Oh and I'll get those scans out soon (sorry, so much going on, I forgot...sorry!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
10 replies since Dec. 13 2002, 03:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net