Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HQ Tracks of "Our Father", "Angelique" and "C, Available now!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
freshhh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 13:36

Hi!
I don't know if I alowed to place these links here (copyright and other releated stuff), but I'll try to :) Maybe someone already placed this link here, I don't know...

So... there're three tracks in 128 kbps quality. Enjoy :)
http://personales.ya.com/oma2k/lightshade/

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 14:35

finally something...

Closer sounds decent :) in fact it's the first tune which got my attention nice...thanks for putting it up!

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 15:37

Closer sounds very much like one of the pieces played when the Titanic sank!  Can anyone confirm this?

Ceartainly played when the Titanic sank on the James Cameron film
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 16:05

It's a hymn. Mike acknowledged that in the description in his site.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but did Mike REALLY need to give the song the same name as the final Joy Division album?

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 16:08

'Closer' wouldn't be out of place on 'Voyager', would it?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 16:14

I still think Angelique is by far the best. Its quite weird what Mike's done. Over his whole career he's got a very signature vocal sound he gets from his singers, I'm thinking Ommadawn, Amarok and other vocal passages that have that chant sound. That general very Oldfieldy sound, I'm sure you know what I mean. anyway its amazing he seems to have got that exact sound out of that vocalist software he's using. I don't even begin to know how it works but I wonder if he's sampled in one of his old vocal parts deconstructed the sound and then virtually rebuilt it using that software. Very weird.
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 16:36

Yeah i'm sure Mike lifted the name 'Closer' from Joy Division's last album.  

What about that film 'Closer' with Natalie Portman, i'm SO sure it was lifted from that!
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 16:52

Who here said Mike "lifted" that title?

I said that just because every time I see that title, I'll inevitably link it to Ian Curtis's suicide - even more because Mike apparently heard that hymn in a funeral.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:08

Why link to the "Tears of angel" disappeared from that site? around 9 o'clock polish time it was still there... now (0:08GMT) there are only three tracks :O

--------------
I stay
I pray
See you in heaven one day...
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:25

Quote (Ostach @ Aug. 29 2005, 19:08)
Why link to the "Tears of angel" disappeared from that site? around 9 o'clock polish time it was still there... now (0:08GMT) there are only three tracks :O

Do you have this track? If so, could you send it to me, please?

--------------
Profile PM 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:29

I don't have it (I rejected any spoilers bofeore the album :cool: ) but I know someone who downloaded it and said it was brilliant and beautiful. I think i will be able to send it to you in the morning. Now that guy is sleeping :zzz:

--------------
I stay
I pray
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:34

This is very nice!! More bether then i ever have heard the song before... Is angelique longer this time?? (the quality is not so good at the end of it, but its beautiful.. I know that i will love to play this every time i play L + S!! This will not be the song i skip!
Closer remains me of Voyager too.. A lovely good celtic song...
I think this will be a great album..

Im just exited of what he have done with the shade cd... Will there be some climax and guitars
:zzz:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:45

I like "Our Father" even more than "Angelique" & "Closer": it will be one of my favourite L+S songs, I suppose :cool:. Anyway, I'm waiting for the Owl Cavern theme and hope this track will not be the dance one.

And one question is still in my mind: how did all these tracks (four already, AFAIC) leaked onto the internet? If there're any promo CDs so why there're no any MP3s on Mike's site?

--------------
Profile PM 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:59

Quote (freshhh @ Aug. 30 2005, 01:45)
I'm waiting for the Owl Cavern theme and hope this track will not be the dance one.

Owl Cavern? you mean something like Snow Cavern flight from Tres Lunas 2? I didn't play the game so i ask.... is it the same tune?

--------------
I stay
I pray
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:07

Yeah, right. It's the place in the game where the owl is flying through the some kind of cavern or something which is covered by snow. There's a piece of magic music I loved right after I've listened to it for the first time. I think it's one of the most beautiful tracks in the both episodes. So i hope Mike will not disappoint me ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:12

Yes, it's beautiful.... <dreamer> ;)

but

I hope Mike didn't make exact copy of it or even take the track from TL2... It would be nice to hear familiar tune but with some more power

--------------
I stay
I pray
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:21

Of course he didn't use the same piece of that track. I suppose, he just took a main theme, wich was arranged in some different way. BTW, Mike said in his track-by-track that Robin Smith helped him in arrangement, so I think it will be a very interesting track.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:32

talking about snow cavern flight...
I see you talking about snow and this tres lunas game. Isnt there a place in "to be free" video, where we can see snow and green trees??
I personally love that theme self  :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:46

Oh... To be honest, I don't remember that piece in "To Be Free" video :( But in the game there's a place where are several ring alike things stand. You go through one of them, then an atmosphere is changing, music starts and you follow the gray owl. It flyes around and then goes through a big snowed cave with some trees in it. At that moment a screaming guitar solo breaks through and all the music becomes really fantastic!

--------------
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 22:09

The tune "Closer" is the Hymn "Nearer My God To Thee" (See my next post for details...)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
75 replies since Aug. 29 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net