Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Return To Ommadawn, My Praise< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2017, 09:37

I have listened to this album many times since I got it 2 days ago, the first day I got it, I only had time to listen to Part 1, and that was good enough, but Part 2 is even better!! As a complete album this is about as good as it gets from Mike in 27 years, since Amarok. Nothing can or will touch Amarok, but this album is amazing, it has everything a Mike Oldfield fan could ask for, beautiful melodies, which seem to evolve with repeated listening, lovely acoustic guitar playing, amazing electric guitar playing, with the trademark Oldfield touch and tone :) 2 long tracks of changing music and mood, that never gets boring, Mike has said he has had a very difficult personal time over the last 4 years, well, he has certainly but all that into Return To Ommadawn, I have nothing negative to say about it, for me it is an astounding album. No other artist can speak to me like Mike Oldfield, his music is exactly what I want and need in my life. This is an album of pure joy and happiness despite what Mike was going through making it. You can hear musical influences from his whole career running though it. I like the title, I like the album cover, and I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THE MUSIC  :)  :)  :)

HAPPY!!!!!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Feb. 11 2017, 09:57

Agreed! Its simply fantastic.. it moves me very deeply, touches every small cells and vibes inside. And everybody around me seem to love it also.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
NomadColossus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 06 2017, 11:45

Mike Oldfield compilation (doesn't include Return to Ommadawn)

https://mega.nz/#!B....BhIzXwE

Runtime is 1 hour 17 minutes

Let me know your thoughts.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 25 2017, 09:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net