Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Angelique Lyric?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 15 2022, 00:22

Supposedly the word spoken throughout the song is "angelique, angelique" but as hard as I listen, most of the time it sounds like some nonsense word like "Burgermee, Burgermee" or something.  Is it really saying "Angelique"?
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2022, 03:39

The voices are not saying "angelique", as far as I can tell.

Also, those super-reverbed piano notes are super clichéd. He wasn't a very original artist during this period.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2022, 16:52

Quote (larstangmark @ Aug. 16 2022, 03:39)

Also, those super-reverbed piano notes are super clichéd. He wasn't a very original artist during this period.

It doesnt sound like "Angelique" for most of the song but then towards the end (4:20-4:22) it sounds like it is..and all lyrics websites quote the lyric as "Angelique".  I Wish I knew what the voice IS saying.  As for your respectful opinion on the album, which I grant you many others share, with similar reasoning, I have to strongly disagree....For my money, the Tr3s Lunas-Music VR-Maestro-Light + Dark cycle, which may be considered all one single body of work (incorporating elements from the Art in Heaven concert) represents the absolute creative and artistic pinnacle of Mike Oldfield as a composer and musician - they contain his most sumptuous, accomplished, beautiful, stunning, transcendent, mature, unforgettable and sublime melodies and musical creations of them all.  Naturally, then, these albums are usually considered among his weakest, similar to how for instance U2's finest hour was Zooropa but this album is usually ignored and forgotten about and how The Soft Parade contains The Doors' best work but is invariably considered their worst.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2022, 03:50

Quote (Sentinel_NZ @ Aug. 16 2022, 16:52)
Quote (larstangmark @ Aug. 16 2022, 03:39)

It doesnt sound like "Angelique" for most of the song but then towards the end (4:20-4:22) it sounds like it is..and all lyrics websites quote the lyric as "Angelique".  I Wish I knew what the voice IS saying.  As for your respectful opinion on the album, which I grant you many others share, with similar reasoning, I have to strongly disagree....For my money, the Tr3s Lunas-Music VR-Maestro-Light + Dark cycle, which may be considered all one single body of work (incorporating elements from the Art in Heaven concert) represents the absolute creative and artistic pinnacle of Mike Oldfield as a composer and musician - they contain his most sumptuous, accomplished, beautiful, stunning, transcendent, mature, unforgettable and sublime melodies and musical creations of them all.  Naturally, then, these albums are usually considered among his weakest, similar to how for instance U2's finest hour was Zooropa but this album is usually ignored and forgotten about and how The Soft Parade contains The Doors' best work but is invariably considered their worst.

What truly matters about music, is if you enjoy it or not, and I don't think it's strange if this is somebody's favorite period in MOs career!

The thing I find is that around this time Mike foundhimself doing music that others did too, with a similiar aesthetic. In the first ten years of Mike's career, his music didn't sound like anything else.
Not that it matters when it comes to enjoying the music. I constantly get told of for like the "late periode" of Jade Warrior, Incredible String Band and Soft Machine - because people tell me that they had "lost it" by then, and were no longer original. I'm also a huge fan of Ian Carr, who spent his whole career doing his best possible Miles Davis. It's still great! :)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since Aug. 15 2022, 00:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net