Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: David Gilmour, What Was His Contribution?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2020, 07:08

I have just read an interview from around the Man on the Rocks time, when talking about the Heaven's Open album, Mike states this:

The title track is pretty good, but we were running into trouble with it while making it. Tom Newman, who produced it, was quite friendly with David Gilmour. There was this little pub in West London where people would just turn up and jam. I went there and just jammed a few times. Once, David was there and he very kindly offered to come out and listen to the track and help us out a bit. He made some subtle suggestions and I think he got co-producer credit on that track. I’ve remixed all of Five Miles Out and Crises, but when it’s time to revisit Heaven’s Open, I think I’ll only remix a couple of things. There’s no contractual obligation for me to remix everything, so I’ve been picking and choosing.

I have always know about this rumor of Mike and David jamming in a pub, but this is the first time I have heard Mike mention it, and then saying David went to the studio with Mike to listen to the track!! He also mentions David helping out with the track and getting a co-producing credit!! This is all news to me, what did David do? I don't think he got a producing credit either, so what's going on?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 26 2020, 07:48

As I said wrt the Publius Enigma (The Division BELL), Mike has been the guiding force behind Pink Floyd since the year dot. So all this talk of pubs and jams is just sound and fury signifying nothing.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: May 26 2020, 19:12

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 27 2020, 04:26

That's exactly the interview I read it in. I would still like to know more about this though, I have never heard it mentioned by David either.
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: May 27 2020, 06:51

I find Mike really infuriating sometimes when he is vague about these kinds of things. Someone needs to sit down with him and work out the facts and timeline of all his anecdotes - get a proper in-depth biography done before Mike is too old to contribute!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: May 27 2020, 10:18

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
shenry Offline

Posted: May 27 2020, 12:28

(Shhh - they are not that good......)
Profile PM 
6 replies since May 26 2020, 07:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net