Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's German Brisant TV interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 11 2007, 16:20

Brisant entertainment news featured Mike Oldfield on German TV.
Profile PM 
backwoodsman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 11:40

I really hate those dubbed interviews, I couldn't hear anything he said...  :(
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 16:20

:D  

Ahhh! Das ist zu kurz !   :/
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 20:48

Good to see Mike enjoying himself in some limelight once again - he looks happy and relaxed (if not a bit goofy in some of the shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 03:48

Shame I never paid any attention in german classes at school really! Anyone fancy translating it?

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 04:39

Does anyone know what is Mike playing on the piano at very end?
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 05:01

Quote (gbcrvh @ Nov. 13 2007, 06:39)
Does anyone know what is Mike playing on the piano at very end?

I think it's the one featured on the Mike Oldfield Studio Tour from the MOTS EPK:

http://www.mikeoldfield.it/mikeold....io_Tour

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 05:20

:O  Ohh ! Tati ? How do you do to find things like these ! It's like a tutorial . I like it very much . I've always thought that it was something lacked in the career of Mike , something like a video or anything else for learning to play guitar like him . Thanks Tati ! ;)
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 16:47

Thanks Tati!!!
Profile PM WEB 
markus Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 16:55

Hello,

I translated it (maybe it is not perfect English  :p  )

Here it is:

The woman says:
'His first album made him a millionaire. At that time, Mike Oldfield is 20 years old. At the age of 30 he made us happy with hits like Moonlight Shadow or Shadow On The Wall. Now the musician who loves experimenting surprises us again: Mike Oldfield comes classical. His new album should be available now, but the publishing has been delayed until february.'

Mike Oldfield totally relaxed in Berlin. The multiinstrumentalist laid his music into the hands of other people, his new album is classical music a la Oldfield, played by a big orchestra.

MO says: 'Well, first I was nervous because I didn't know if the whole thing will work, I booked all these musicians, that was a big thing and as the conductor raise his stick and they began to play I thought, Oh my god... But after a minute it was clear, everything is OK, thanks God.'

Applause as he introduced his new album in Germany for the first time. Here he has some of his biggest fans.

MO: 'When I went up on the stage and the showmaster introduced me to the people I looked at them and they looked at me, and it was as if they wanted to say: Hello, we know you, where have you been all the time?? That was very nice.'

Oldfield always loved to experiment, the spherical sounds of his first album Tubular Bells were even used in the horror film The Exorcist and hits like Moonlight Shadow became evergreens.

The woman says:'I heard Mike Oldfield and this music reflected for me the grandeur and mysteriosity of the world in some ways.'

That Mike Oldfields music can take the listener to other spheres obviously also the astronomers thought who named the asteroid number 5656 after him 'Oldfield'.

MO: 'It wasn't just me, I think Mick Jagger got one, David Bowie got one, several people got one. It is funny to imagine that one day someone could land on my asteroid and put a flag there or a tubular bell on a stick with 'Mike's asteroid' written on it. I hope it's a nice one.'

Mike Oldfields life became more quiet now. Even if he didn't smoke during our film works he is a notorious smoker, because of the smoking ban in his home country he recently moved to Spain. There he enjoys that he became older, but still not old. Content he concentrates on what he loves: music.

Greetings from Munich
Markus
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 19:00

Markus - you are a first class star!! Thankyou!

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2007, 22:19

Thanks Markus - Great translation. I was desperately trying to guess why Mike mentioned Mick Jagger and David Bowie :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2007, 01:01

Wait a minute!!! Did I miss something???? Was Mike in Berlin after all, with the sneak preview of Music of the Spheres? When was this???

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2007, 01:10

And Timshen, how did you get those samples of Music of the Spheres I saw on youtube? I really did miss something!

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2007, 03:54

Markus, you're a dude!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2007, 04:17

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Nov. 14 2007, 03:01)
Wait a minute!!! Did I miss something???? Was Mike in Berlin after all, with the sneak preview of Music of the Spheres? When was this???

From Tubular.net front page...

Universal will be presenting the album at the Yellow Lounge event, associated with the trade fair Popkomm, at the Tape club in Berlin on September 18th. The event starts at 9pm, entry is 5 euros and it appears to be open to the public (though please check this for yourselves before travelling). The album will be played by a DJ; Mike Oldfield will not be appearing.
Tape is at 14 Heidestraße in Moabit (just north of Berlin Hauptbahnhof).

Update 19/9/07 - Mike made a surprise 5 minute appearance to answer questions. He hinted that he may consider doing more classical albums.

...a bit before the album's launch was delayed...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2007, 13:59

Thanks! I've been so busy the last few months that I even miss the tubular.net news!!!  :/

It was nice to see Mike showing up in Berlin though. Those excerpts of MOTP are also promising! Really looking forward to the album!

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
16 replies since Nov. 11 2007, 16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net