Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Finale, The group project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 10:10

It's been a long time coming, but we're proud to announce the release of our group cover track, Finale.

More information can be found on its own page at http://tubular.net/finale/

Two versions are available for download, both a little over 7mb - the ogg version is higher quality, but those of you unable to play ogg files can download an mp3 version.

Have fun listening to it!
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 12:00

Very impressive. I have been looking forward to this for some time and I'm certainly not disappointed with the result. You all have done a great job musically, but also sound-wise; the mix is very clear and bright and the instruments sound spot-on.

Well done!

So - what's next, Amarok? :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 12:04

wow...thx for your opinion...and about Amarok...hmm??? who knows :)))))

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Guest named oLO
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 13:12

Fine track guys andi ts nice to see my godol pal booster finally found a place to outlive his "oldfield addiction" ;)

Greetings oLO

no oldfield but oLO ->www.unimatrix-338.com
Crises Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 13:19

Thats a nice little number May 31st - October 31st :)

Thanks Richard you have brought new life into the project and without you, i'd say the project wouldn't have gotten far at all. Thanks for all your hard work and to the other musicians. It's been a pleasure.

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 13:41

Hi ,
   You've done it! And you've done it really well! It sounds very good!
   I like all the instruments and the way they have been played, the mix ...and the strolling warblers!.And I really like your "personal touch".
   Brandon has said it: This could have been on TB 2003.
   Big congatulations to all of you.
   I also like to see this kind of inter/national-net collaboration. I wish I could play an instrument to join the team for the next project ( I'm sure this is just the beginning of a long good story...), but I just can hardly bang some rythms on my Djembé and blow some strange noises through my didgeridoo...Doesn't matter.
   I really do hope this collaboration will go on and let us enjoy great musical moments like this one  :)
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 17:55

It was indeed a pleasure. I do hope to see future collaborations as well. Myself, I think I'm going to focus more on original compositions for a while I think. Lay off the covers for a while. I am still working on my own instrumental after all, too.

But as far as this goes, everyone did a wonderful job. I just can't spot any mistakes in anybody's playing! And of course, Richard, the sound is perfect and amazing. It wouldn't have been half as good without you!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 18:27

well...yea...
surely thanks to Richard, and all the reviewers...and all musos involved yes...it was great pleasure...and fun and...
I want to experience this ...if nothing...than one more time :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Q! Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 19:06

very good indeed. i didn't like the vocals at the end much but other then that great job, grats. :)

--------------
http://qisgod.host.sk/
Profile PM WEB 
VetleMakt Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 20:33

Great job!
I was surprised of the quality, and delighted by the personal touch each participant has made on the compilation - a classic!

Vetle Skatvoldsmyr, Norway

--------------
Aberdeen, Sundsvall, Århus, Cardiff, Sevilla, Gdansk, Napoli -
Never been there.
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2003, 21:52

congratulations to all of u!
u've made a beautiful job, even more when one thinks it's born from people spread on the world, joined by the love for music and well... also by our modern (blessed :-) technology.  who of u could have thought ten years ago this could be possible? sure then most of u were thinking u were alone in the world regarding your musical tastes :D

i'd love to listen to some other cover from this lovely international band.

thanks for sharing it with us.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2003, 13:23

what else can I say... - u did a f*****g great job, guys !

Have a nice weekend,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2003, 15:41

That was great, guys. I've got my time to download the OGG file (thanks Winamp! ), and what I heard was truly uplifting. I'll refrain from nitpicking on minor details about it, since well, this was more like a labour of love rather than a commercial thing, so whatever. :) I'm sure lots of love and hard work went on that piece, and I commend you guys for it. What a beautiful celebration of an union that breaks boundaries of territorial frontiers in the name of love for music.

The only problem is, when it finishes, I expect the harmonics line to come in. :D

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2003, 15:52

Hey, what an odd thing to do! =) I've never heard about a fan group cover track like this before! This must be some kind of record with so many people involved! ;-)

Anyway, I love it! Great quality! It was nice to read your own comments about the project too!

/ Johan
Profile PM 
MaS Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2003, 17:28

THIS-IS-FAN-TAS-TIC.
I read about this group project and was wrongly suspicious. You all did a great job. Wish I could participate such a project.

--------------
MaS, midician
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 03:25

Well done to all involved. A fitting tribute I must say.
The quality is excellent and the fact that it's a worldwide fan project makes it something extra special.

I'm thinking of dubbing a copy of TB2003 with this attached after the original finale. I partiularly like Boosters Glokenspiel and Bells :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
DBZLuisD Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 11:04

The bigining is verry good, the dobule speed guitar, mandolin, distorted guitar, spanish guitar guitar... but the glockenspiel sounds irreal :(, but the Tubular Bells soods good :)

Good job!

--------------
I'm not "Guilty"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 12:33

Someone else liked it too...

Hi,

I sent the mp3 file to Mike and he really liked it... He was very impressed by it...
One of his suggestions, because what you've done is really good, is for you to create your own composition.

He would be very interested to listen to what you can all create.

I personally also thought that it was very good... You must all have done so much work and spent lots of time on it... Congratulations

Best Wishes

Fanny Oldfield
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 13:50

"one of his suggestions"... figure of speech, or are there more suggestions?...
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2003, 14:41

Quote (DBZLuisD @ Nov. 02 2003, 17:04)
The bigining is verry good, the dobule speed guitar, mandolin, distorted guitar, spanish guitar guitar... but the glockenspiel sounds irreal :(, but the Tubular Bells soods good :)

Good job!

hey man  :(
if you'd read my comment! you would know that the Glockenspiel was not intended to be real! I wanted something special and extra cool something like a personal twist! so !!!
you better read before you say something what could make me sad so much  :/

--------------
Profile PM 
103 replies since Oct. 31 2003, 10:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net