Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Main TB1 melody spotted in track..., Spotted in Paul Oakenfold track.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gregrobson Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 12 2005, 04:41

If you have Paul Oakenfold's album Bunkka, have a listen to track 9 "Get Em Up (Vocals Ice Cube)", it has the main rif from TB in the background if I'm not mistaken.

Either that or I've listened to MO so much that I'm becoming delusional.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 12 2005, 08:13

it's truth there is the piano motive from TBI ... actually I believe that MO was even credited somewhere on the album cover but I'm not sure...

also a frontpage of a fan-site (think it was this one) say it...

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2005, 19:10

Oakenfold once mixed FATC in during one of his DJ sets. So maybe the usage of Oldfieldian material is not totally new to him. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2005, 20:45

Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 13 2005, 01:10)
Oakenfold once mixed FATC in during one of his DJ sets. So maybe the usage of Oldfieldian material is not totally new to him. :)

That's interesting. Even though I've heard only bad things about Oakenfold (but none of his music, so I won't dismiss him beforehand), it's interesting that any DJ would actually use Mike's material in a set. I'd think that was rather uncommon.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 07:18

actually the mix which Oaky used was Far above the clouds (Jam & Spoon Far Bellow The Bass Mix)
which is quite a dance/trance type track...so no surprise I think ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 09:32

Ah, right. Well, that's still pretty cool though.  :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 15:23

actually I think that more surprising is that Mike has let Jam and Spoon and also I think Timewriter remix FATC ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 16:51

Not so surprising... he was just trying to be hip I think. Not even a bad idea necessarily, though I don't think the mixes have become very widely known...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 17:38

It was the record company, rather than Mike, who commissioned those. He's made his disapproval of many of the remixes known, in the past...
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2005, 23:59

Thats funny because I rang a music shop once asking if Mike Oldfield was touring here soon as I had heard rumours around the time of the Millennium Bell and he said, yes he is! and I got all excited until we kept on talking and he said, oh sorry, I thought you said Paul Oakenfold, who is Mike Oldfield?!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
gregrobson Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2005, 01:31

Quote (TubularBelle @ Mar. 14 2005, 04:59)
I thought you said Paul Oakenfold, who is Mike Oldfield?!

Who are these neanderthals? I swear if you went into most high street stores and asked staff about acts like Led Zeppelin, Toto, Yes, Rick Wakeman, and Jean Michel Jarre they would draw a blank as to who they were.

For the record I'm only 22 years old, my brother is 18 and we both have music taste that overlaps that of our mum.
Profile PM 
10 replies since Mar. 12 2005, 04:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net