Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The reissue cover - where exactly is it?, Cover of Hergest Ridge reissue< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
shenry Online

Group: Members
Posted: April 28 2020, 11:38

Hi everyone. Opinion is naturally divided over whether the 2010 reissue cover (the google earth picture) of Hergest Ridge was better than the original 1974 cover.

I don't want to get into that debate, but what I want to know is... The Google Earth picture: where exactly is it? I assume it is the Ridge itself, but I can't seem to match it up to any picture and I can't work out what bit it is. Is the picture the "right way up" (north = upwards) and if so, is this the end of the Ridge near Kington?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 29 2020, 00:33

Also, what is the name of the dog on the back cover?  :laugh:
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 30 2020, 02:32

Quote (nightspore @ April 29 2020, 06:33)
Also, what is the name of the dog on the back cover?  :laugh:

Bootleg

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 30 2020, 02:36

Quote (shenry @ April 28 2020, 17:38)
Hi everyone. Opinion is naturally divided over whether the 2010 reissue cover (the google earth picture) of Hergest Ridge was better than the original 1974 cover.

I don't want to get into that debate, but what I want to know is... The Google Earth picture: where exactly is it? I assume it is the Ridge itself, but I can't seem to match it up to any picture and I can't work out what bit it is. Is the picture the "right way up" (north = upwards) and if so, is this the end of the Ridge near Kington?

It shows exactly the top of the ridge.
The "circle" in the middle of the cover is the top.
Have a look at the 2010 LP, you can see it better (the model and title are not on the circle)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
shenry Online

Posted: April 30 2020, 10:05

I see it now. It's actually pretty obvious when you compare it against Google Maps! I should have tried that in the first place.

Thanks everyone. (although I think maybe I didn't make my question clear enough - I was talking about the 2010 cover not the original cover!;)
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 28 2020, 11:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net