Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Introduction' video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 25 2003, 14:54

The Press section of www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com has been updated with a video for the dance version of the 'Introduction' single.
(Thanks, Antonio Muñoz)
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2003, 16:33

The video feed stops every now and then, to rebuffer i guess. Someone should tell those guys at Warner that there are still people with 56kbps wrecks around.

And, by the way, the dance version sux. The standard one is way better.
Down Under
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2003, 17:09

Interesting ..... when I go there, there's nothing to press to play the video.  Any suggestions?
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 25 2003, 17:21

It should play automatically. I believe it's a Flash object, so are you sure you've got Flash player on your system?

As for the video - I like the imagery which works like a collage of CGI, images of nature, cities and such. Thing is, I can't really get a feel for the mix as the sound quality is very low. Things like dance mixes mostly require good sound, so I do feel Warner should have given the option to at least download a segment of a higher quality.
Profile PM 
dabidovich Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 18:08

You may use the following link to download the video using some kind of download manager like Gozilla, GetRight or DAP:

http://www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com/video2.swf

It´s a ShockWaveFlash file. If you use video1 instead you'll get the bell-video.intro.

(no video3 is available  :/ )

Enjoy it. Thanks to OMA for the tip!!  :)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 18:14

nice one..hope it will be played on every tv show on this planet :D

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 18:20

Yeah it buffers a lot on a 56k modem. So yet another dire MO video then, it looks like one of those cheesy cheap background video's you get on the screens in clubs to 'enhance' people's drug experience's, which of course may be the intention of it.

Come off it Mike anybody with even the cheapest home computer editing set up could produce something more interesting and original. Even The Wind Chimes looked better than this.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 20:25

Hahahahahahaha....what´s happening with Mike?
This video is terrible...the dance mix also...

Good are  the days we had Sentinel,The Wind Chimes,Let There Be Light....

Blame e-xentric....

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 23:22

I couldn't agree more, Tati.

:(

Later,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 23:46

What is wrong with you lot????  ARE YOU ALL MAD????  The video is brilliant!!!! :)  I just watched it on a high-speed connection... brilliant... absolutely brilliant!!!! :)  I hope to see it on MTV or atleast VH1 here in America... I'll call up and request it.  

The trouble with some of you lot is you are not willing to except something beyond what you already know.  I sat down the other day and put on the original recording of TB and it was awful... just plain awful!!!  The music has such patential... but the sound is just awful... I've always thought that about the first TB... couldn't stand it the first time I heard it... loved TB2 though!!!

In the Beginning... no pun intended I assure you... I was totally against yet another TB album.  This is very true!  Now that I've seen that wonderful promotional effort and production quality has been put in - FINALLY - I am very very very excited about this re-recording!!!! :)  The Video is just what that song needs and the sounds of the single mix are fantastic... couldn't have asked for a better mix!!!  It is modern, up-to-date, and should attract the new audience Mike is probably keen to capture this time around!!!

I hope this single mix makes lots of airplay here in America... I know I'll be doing my part to get this single mix played at my local radio station!  

This is the kind of music that needs to be in the music biz... not some cheap fluzzy like American Idol trailer-park-trash wannabe... NO!... we need Mike's dance remix to flood the market and send a clear messege to all that Mike Oldfield is back - kicking bottom - and this is what REAL music sounds like!!!  

Get back Honky Cats... real music is about to return to the music industry on May 26th - my birthday!!!! :)

Christopher
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 23:54

TOBY are you kidding????... the Wind Chimes better... you must be smoken something - no disrespect - but I've seen it and it was absolute rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NOW... I've not seen Shine or PITD... but I can assure you a bone floating in space for the first half of Wind Chimes is boring as hell and to say the least second grade... hell a pre-schooler could have done that better!!!!  

NO!  I maintain that TB2003 single mix video is by far one of the best since Let There Be Light!!! :)

Have you ever seen the Earth Moving video... ARRGGGGGGGG what a piece of shit that was... looked like a scene from Sesame Street or Barnie the Dinosaur or Teletubbies!!!!

Christopher

PS Everyone please exit the 70's and except this as the final version of what TB was originally supposed to sound like... IMHO it is as it should have been!!! ;)
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 26 2003, 00:15

I like all the CGI pictures of the bell. Quite nice. The video isn't too bad. And I like the whole single as well. Although I don't like how it keeps going back and forth between the introduction theme and 'that' climax. A good idea maybe, but just executed wrong. All in all I like it.

And I too think this new recording will be far greater. I can't listen to TB1973 too long before I start getting annoyed with the sound. Sorry I just can't do it. So I turn to TB2 and it's much much better. Maybe a bit less imaginitive than the firs tone, but the atmosphere is just so much better. And I especially like most of the leaked TB2 tracks that were made before Trevor Horn intervened. I was extatic when I heard he was remaking the original TB finally with better sound. I will appreciate the album so much more now. And I do think it will attract a broader audience.

I also agree people should get there minds out of the 70s. What's past is past. Let's move on. Perhaps that's what Mike himself is thinking. I think that if this type of technology was around back then, he would have made the first TB similar (if not exactly) like this new re-recording.

I understand that the age difference is probably the most driving factor of why some people hate it and some love it. People who were actually around in the 70s really understood that time and what was going on musically. I agree it must have been a great age. But I wasn't around then so I can't fully appreciate it. I can only really fully appreciate what's done in my time. Albums like TB2 and TSODE and Amarok were done in my time and I REALLY appreciate them. But (and not to be disrespectful) the older generation never caught up with the newer style and therefore doesn't appreciate Mike's newer stuff (artist's tend to start liking the newest musical styles more easily than the fans, I think. Though not to say that Mike goes with the flow by any means. But I think he liked what he heard on Ibiza and it stuck with him and he uses it because he likes it). In the same way, I'm sure that people like me won't like the newer stuff that comes out when we're 30+. But that's the way it goes.

It´s a ShockWaveFlash file. If you use video1 instead you'll get the bell-video.intro.

Actually, you just put 'video.swf' without the '1' and it'll show the intro bell animation.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
vladimir
Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2003, 00:17

IMHO  ;) The Wind Chimes is Great Music Video
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 00:26

well, even if I'm not in the "old generation" (I was 4 when TB 1 was released) and additionaly count TMB to my favourite Mike-albums, I simply don't like this.

I don't like the video, 'cause it looks dead, without any emotion, sterile, however u may call it.
it doesn't need a "Mike Oldfield" to create a video like this these days.....

the music: well, it's okay that Mike wanted to make it sound "better", but "better" doesn't have to mean "mechanical" IMHO. about the single: I guess it will come up with further violations done by DJ Whoever DSancing Around The Toilet, so what about a rave-version of what once was "Sailor's Hornpipe" with the name "Mike Oldfield" on the cover?

just my 2 cents,

dkay

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 26 2003, 01:52

well, even if I'm not in the "old generation" (I was 4 when TB 1 was released) and additionaly count TMB to my favourite Mike-albums, I simply don't like this.

Well, ok excluding you then :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 02:31

Rather interesting...

When I looked at the video, it reminded me much of the videos "The Wind Chimes" and "Tattoo". It has some same elements in it (TWC: the mirror effects where you take half of the video and copy it to the other half of the screen.... Tattoo: where you see the bell coming from behind the buildings... same as where you see the red bell coming from the Edinburgh castle in Tattoo video clip).

Furthermore I liked some images I saw, like the forest and desert. I wonder if they did send a camera crew to record all this stuff or they just used excisting footage. If they recorded it all by themselves, they have put a lot of effort in it. I think the video is quite nice, but there are better Mike videoclips.

And for the remix single: mwah... I think it gets annoying when you hear it a lot. But I don't want to jump to any conclusions, I may change my mind.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 04:54

I'm sure it'll just be stock film footage. Come off it guys anybody with even the simplest home computer editing program could come up with something more exiting than this. As with just about all Mike's videos it looks like it was put together at the last minuite with just about zero effort. Yes I know The Wind Chimes is reletive tosh (even in its day I think it was) but thats not saying much by comparison.

ps As to the generation arguement. It's absalute bollocks that you have to be of any age to appreciate something, a lot of the great early 70's music, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield  etc is loved by people in their early teens today. I was one when TB came out and I was 14 when I first heard and fell in love with Ommadawn.

Christopher - I have watched The Wind Chimes stoned and it didn't help matters at all.
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 05:08

Christopher - I have watched The Wind Chimes stoned and it didn't help matters at all.

Listen to Amarok stoned - that's funny.

Does anyone know who made the trance mix?
Profile PM 
Down Under
Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2003, 05:57

Just testing so I can set up the hyperlink:
http://www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com/video1.swf
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 08:08

Well, although I don't like at all all these phyhodelic mirroring stuff (a remind of the 70's maybe?), I like the video. I think the remix has been done by Mike O himself because it tries to sound actual but it isn't really actual at all, it sounds like early 90's techno tuned down to sound like ambient. I really think that a The Orb mix would have been a lot better, but I like it though. :)

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
73 replies since April 25 2003, 14:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net