Vrbomber Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 04 2019, 04:30

I dont like this album is fuck
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2019, 03:09

Well, it is not among Mike's greatest albums, but it does have some good moments. Peace On Earth is a good opener, with some lovely guitar. Lake Constance is a beautiful track. The final 3 tracks of the album are a great ending for me, even more so on The Art in Heaven concert.
Profile PM 
Matcim Offline

Posted: May 10 2020, 08:56

On the contrary, I think this album is beautiful and Mike Oldfield's most important album musically. I've heard some of his other albums and they sound so insignificant and vague. This is more mainstream stuff. I got some personal satisfaction from my own readings of the tracks. For example in Mastermind I imagined the woman saying 'Mess the mind' and I could relate to it because I was put on medication unlawfully and it gave me some relief.... This is the kind of album I'd imagine God would listen to!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 10 2020, 19:43

I imagine Mike could have called it Tubular Bells 2000, except that he might then be expected to produce 1900-odd other TB albums!  :D
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 16 2020, 13:02

Quote (Matcim @ May 10 2020, 08:56)
I think this album is beautiful and Mike Oldfield's most important album musically. I've heard some of his other albums and they sound so insignificant and vague.

Kudos for voicing an unpopular opinion!
I kind of prefer the vagueness of Mike's earlier work, and I think much of his output from -92 and onwards is almost cartoonish (not a good thing in my book).

I think the album is so-so, and that the cover artwork is full on terrible.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Sep. 04 2019, 04:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net