Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Tour concert DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 23 2022, 06:19

Cleopatra Entertainment will release on Nov. 18 Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Tour: Live At The Royal Festival Hall, a live concert recording, on 2-disc Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD set, also featuring a documentary on the history of the album and an interview with Mike Oldfield.

Mike said: “It’s amazing to think that it’s 50 years since I started writing Tubular Bells, and I am touched that my music has reached so many people, all over the world, during that time. I am sure that the 50th Anniversary Live Concert Experience of Tubular Bells will be spectacular, theatrical, fantastical and thrilling. I’m so excited [it] will be touring the world through to 2023, the 50th anniversary of the original album release.”
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 23 2022, 08:51

Quote (Olivier @ Oct. 23 2022, 06:19)
Cleopatra Entertainment will release on Nov. 18 Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Tour: Live At The Royal Festival Hall, a 4K live concert recording, on 2-disc Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD set, also featuring a documentary on the history of the album and an interview with Mike Oldfield.

Mike said: “It’s amazing to think that it’s 50 years since I started writing Tubular Bells, and I am touched that my music has reached so many people, all over the world, during that time. I am sure that the 50th Anniversary Live Concert Experience of Tubular Bells will be spectacular, theatrical, fantastical and thrilling. I’m so excited [it] will be touring the world through to 2023, the 50th anniversary of the original album release.”

It's great that Mike as endorsed the Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Tour but it is such a shame that we haven't heard much from Mike himself since his facebook page on January 3rd 2017! Thats nearly 6 years! What happened to TB4? I have every release Mike as made from Tubular Bells right through to Return To Ommadawn both on CD and vinyl so again it is dissapointing to say the least that we haven't had any new music from Mike since 2017! As Mike retired from the music scene? If so Mike please let us know so you can put us all out of our misery!
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2022, 15:01

Quote (Olivier @ Oct. 23 2022, 06:19)
Cleopatra Entertainment will release on Nov. 18 Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Tour: Live At The Royal Festival Hall, a 4K live concert recording, on 2-disc Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD set, also featuring a documentary on the history of the album and an interview with Mike Oldfield.

I have just been looking at the MVD Entertainment Group site mentioned in this post and to quote a line from the the description of the concert it's a "4K live concert recording" which gives the impression that this is a UHD 4K blu ray disc which it is not. It is just a regular Blu ray disc! very confusing indeed! One more point...the pre-order on Amazon UK  for the "The Tubular Bells - 50th Anniversary Celebration Concert" The 2xCD version is £20.90 the Double Vinyl being £38.79!
A bit steep don't you think?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2022, 05:19

I can't wait to see this and to hear this interview with Mike, as has been said, it is so long since we have heard anything from the maestro, surely with the big anniversary next year we should be hearing more from him.
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2022, 10:02

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Oct. 24 2022, 05:19)
I can't wait to see this and to hear this interview with Mike, as has been said, it is so long since we have heard anything from the maestro, surely with the big anniversary next year we should be hearing more from him.

I agree! Same here, Blu ray already pre-ordered. Wouldn't it be great though if Mike announced that "Tubular Bells 4" is finally going to be released in May 2023! If memory serves me right most of his earlier albums were released around his birthday in May. It would also coincide with the release of the original Tubular Bells 50th anniversary. And, maybe, just maybe, Mike himself could do a short (media) promo tour of the UK and maybe Europe to promote the new album? In the UK we have Later with Jools Holland, Graham Norton Show, Jonathan Ross Show to name a few, as well as the European TV/Radio stations. .
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2022, 15:29

it seems than the 'interview' with Mike is not new. On the extras of the bluray there's this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdf45E5URg&t=1s
and that's the only presence of Mike on the bluray and dvdTurning Back the clock with Mike Oldfield
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 02 2022, 09:51

To fully grasp the process and the end product, I believe it is crucial to choose your gaming platform with great care and consideration. Personally, I prefer play at bingo hall from such platforms because they have excellent games that draw me in and make me want to play them. Since there aren't many games on the market that are this worthwhile, I hope this will be helpful for you.
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2022, 10:42

Quote (Danielles @ Dec. 02 2022, 09:51)
To fully grasp the process and the end product, I believe it is crucial to choose your gaming platform with great care and consideration. Personally, I prefer play at bingo hall from such platforms because they have excellent games that draw me in and make me want to play them. Since there aren't many games on the market that are this worthwhile, I hope this will be helpful for you.

WTF!!!
Profile PM 
Mi-D Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2022, 11:12

Even bot´s can have a bad day i guess :/
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 13 2022, 10:31

If the world of cryptocurrencies and nft interests you, you should educate yourself on the new opportunities offered by the platforms that supply it. For instance, https://chainers.io/ matches the new idea of what is happening extremely well and may set trends for it, which is really significant. They are very well-liked, which is why I favor them.
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2022, 19:56

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS SITE?
Profile PM 
Happy? Offline

Posted: Dec. 19 2022, 03:25

Well, this: https://tubular.net/forums....t=12102

--------------
I'd rather be... happy?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2022, 03:41

This site is nowhere near as popular as it used to be, and it's been that way for several years now, it does get busier when Mike puts out an album, like Return To Ommadawn, but it is only a limited amount of people around here now, even the site main man Olivier is rarely around, hopefully with the Tubular Bells anniversary next year things might pick up. I wish things were as popular as they used to be on here, as I still am very much into Mike Oldfield, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else around that I can post on, I don't do Facebook so that's out.
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2022, 13:37

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Dec. 21 2022, 03:41)
This site is nowhere near as popular as it used to be, and it's been that way for several years now, it does get busier when Mike puts out an album, like Return To Ommadawn, but it is only a limited amount of people around here now, even the site main man Olivier is rarely around, hopefully with the Tubular Bells anniversary next year things might pick up. I wish things were as popular as they used to be on here, as I still am very much into Mike Oldfield, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else around that I can post on, I don't do Facebook so that's out.

Agree with everything you've said. What I find disappointing is the lack of news items, or items of interest, I mentioned Terry oldfield had released a book this year ( should have been worthy of a mention, as it contained stories relating to Mike) ,even Mike 's producer Robin A Smith had released a new version of Tubular Bells, again not mentioned.
Mike's music is in danger of being forgotten , it does seem as though Mike cares either ,and that's a shame.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2022, 04:02

It is strange that Mike himself has been so quiet for years now, I was expecting big things after Return to Ommadawn, but nothing has happened since!!! We do have one new thing coming though, the song he is releasing as part of the Outlanders project.
Profile PM 
Mi-D Offline

Posted: Dec. 28 2022, 09:26

;) Hmmm ;)
Profile PM 
Happy? Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2022, 07:15

What does this database entry mean? And is there more info on the other tabs?

--------------
I'd rather be... happy?
Profile PM 
16 replies since Oct. 23 2022, 06:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net